Habituary 2021: Do something every day of February

I want to fix my morning/evening routines:

Morning: get out of bed by 7:10

Evening: in bed by 10:30, lights off audiobook on by 11

My current morning routine

I wake up when baby wakes up, usually at 6. Breastfeed and entertain baby quietly in bed until 7 so my parents (who are temporarily living with us to help) can sleep until 7. Husband gets up with baby at 7, does diaper and handoff. I doomscroll in bed for 30 min or so and then have to rush my morning routine so that I can take baby for a walk before work. I want to eliminate the doom scrolling because it’s not like I enjoy it, what I really am doing is delaying getting up because I’d rather sleep more.

4 Likes

I like how you didn’t let perfect (full set) be the enemy of the good (one exercise)!

5 Likes

I just signed a little contract with my partner saying that each time I miss a day of reading or stretching this month, I owe them $25 as a lazy penalty. I’ve never been more motivated! :joy_cat:

13 Likes

I like this!

I also love the number of grumpy PT-doers, because I am also you. I’ve been having luck recently by doing my PT exercises at the same time as I brush my teeth and do my morning skincare – they’re leg exercises so it’s easy to do, and it reinforces ALL the good habits for me! I don’t know if this is possible for anyone else, but oh man, multitasking has been a goldmine for me on this one.

I’m late to the party, because what even is keeping up on this forum, but as I’m lowkey doing the 100 Days Project (i.e. not posting on social media), this challenge is perfect for me. :slight_smile:

Habit: Do something for my AODA candidate work every day. This could be ritual, meditation, reading, relevant artistic/bardic work, time spent hanging out with a tree, etc – it just has to further my candidate work.

8 Likes

I enjoy stacking them too. A smug cyclone of virtuousness keeps me from getting bored and distracted.

5 Likes

I did yoga for my first two days and I’m surprised how sore I am! Good thing I made an easy out for myself and can just do a child’s pose today. Or maybe just Savasana. :rofl:

7 Likes

It’s like the positive counterpart to doing things out of spite.

6 Likes

That idea is brilliant! I was just telling a friend about it and realized I’ve been doing exactly this for a few things in the past 3-4 weeks and it works. Thanks for sharing - I’m going to browse the rest of the series, too!

5 Likes

making Evernotes so I can throw away stupid scraps of paper!

2 Likes

When she said “I know you’ve an overachiever and want to do more but you’re sabotaging yourself” I felt seen and also called out a little :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hoo boy. I’m totally counting schlepping and sterilizing/quarantining some $160 of groceries today. I think it was more than a pound per dollar, so I don’t even feel like I’m cheating.

8 Likes

I did a plank for 45 seconds and I did squats during a boring meeting and I think that is probably all I am going to manage today since I have to wait until Boyfriend is done with his online therapy appointment before I can cook dinner and I am HANGRY.

4 Likes

Help it’s day 3 and I don’t wanna

9 Likes

solidarity. it’s 10pm and I haven’t done full 5 breaths yet.

I did do PT

7 Likes

I also did PT.

I should have made my goal yoga OR PT. Not just yoga.

6 Likes

Doing great on Duolingo and exercise and stretching but damn posting on Instagram every day is just a bridge too far

7 Likes

Been going well. Daily walks, keeping on top of PT, reading every night before bed.
We haven’t had any amazon purchases yet, so doing fine there.

6 Likes

I did days 1 & 2. I dunno if yesterday counts but I’m going to count it. (didn’t do any formal PT, but did some light stretching and also enough moving around the sewing room that I tired myself out.)

2 Likes

I did lunchtime yoga today - it was too advanced for me so I shut it off 25 minutes into a 45-minute class. But hey, I did 25 minutes of yoga!

9 Likes

Yay for being ok doing things “badly” :clap::clap::clap:

7 Likes