Habituary 2021: Do something every day of February

I’m in. I want to continue my Todoist (3 tasks/weekday) and Duolingo streaks (without using streak saver).

3 Likes

I need to make a sticker chart. I will. 28 days of consistent PT, as in actually doing at least most of the exercises everyday :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m so glad to meet so many fellow grumpy PT-doers. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I’m so glad you explained that! I had no idea that forest was an app or something and was imagining actual trees. It’s much more efficient to plant a bunch at once than to plant one every day. In an actual forest, anyway.

6 Likes

In bed by 10 buddies! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:

3 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

I kind of want to say “get some sort of physical activity every day.” I know I likely won’t manage this, but as someone said here on another thread, if I have the goal of “do it every day,” I do end up exercising more days than I would if I didn’t have the goal. If that makes sense.
I mean, if “activity” includes doing some squats and maybe a plank, I think I can manage it.

Today I walked to the post office and back, for a total of about 1 hour of brisk walking. In the cold. And snow. (UPHILL BOTH WAYS, no not really, haha.)

8 Likes

Kicking off day 1 by taking photos of an item for Marketplace and mass deleting 2,000 promotional emails

9 Likes

I’m in! Here are my goals:

:heart_eyes_cat: Stretch 5 minutes each day
:heart_eyes_cat: Read 15 minutes each day
:heart_eyes_cat: Maintain current 3x per week workout regimen (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday)

11 Likes

My February goals are:

1. Duolingo every day
  2. Eat a fruit or veggie with every meal
  3. PM skincare routine

I’d love to do Yoga with Adriene every day, but I end up doing it after the kids go to bed a lot of the time, and then it just feels like a chore when I’d rather be reading in bed :frowning:

5 Likes

I know this crew will appreciate my little tracker more than my partner :3 Starting off strong!

16 Likes

My daily goal will be to do at least 5 minutes if stretching and 10 minutes of movement every day. Keeping it simple this month!

6 Likes

All right, day 1 accomplished, although I’m going to add a caveat that things that need to be soaked overnight can be washed the next day.

5 Likes

My goal is making it past my mailbox every day of the week (or past my property line if I go through my back yard to go into the woods). I hibernated too hard in January and it wasn’t good for me.

I started it off yesterday by making it to the far end of the park.

7 Likes

Well, I failed on Day 1. I’d like to say I forgot, but I remembered at inconvenient times and did not stop what I was doing (work) to exercise right then as I clearly should have. But I’m back on the wagon with push-ups first thing this morning.

5 Likes

I cheated yesterday by doing my bedtime routine way before bedtime at 9. Or did I? It was intentional that I did not say I’d work on bedtime itself…

6 Likes

Inspiration (exercise is used as an example, but it’s really about habit formation) : https://ideas.ted.com/heres-how-i-finally-got-myself-to-start-exercising/

5 Likes

I forced myself to do Pomsquad class despite sleeping terribly and being exhausted. I made it through OK other than, she did a whole bunch of new choreographies that my poor brain absolutely could not ingest. I kept moving and waving my arms around though!

6 Likes

Yesterday was a messed up day (called in to get the baby from daycare early), so I didn’t make my PT sets, but did one of the exercises that I could remember quickly before bed.

Today was better—made my three sets and did set one, which had only exercises I could remember without looking up how to do them. Tomorrow I need to look up how to do a couple and then do set two.

5 Likes

New Habits Goals

• 15 minutes on the exercise bike first thing in the morning 6 days a week (I’d love to do 7 days, but I know giving myself a skip day in advance will help me.)

• 3-4 45 minute workouts each week. This can be cardio or weights, I just want to make sure I’m doing something to stay active during the cold, dark winter days.

5 Likes