Grocery Hauls and Pantry Snooping

I find it better than their other cheeses too!!! They have one feta and a blue cheese that are ok too, but a lot of them are pretty bland IMO.

4 Likes

Yes, and Aldi continues to have more out of stocks than do the bigger stores. I suppose it’s because they only have the one brand, so if they are out of pasta, they are entirely out of pasta.

I still start there every week, and buy most of the produce there, but otherwise I’m shopping the HyVee specials hard. Their loss leaders are definitely cheaper than Aldi at this point.

9 Likes

Another $5;from flashfood

9 bell peppers
4 white potatoes
1 small sweet potato
6 large cremini mushrooms
6 tomato
1 head of garlic
3 zucchini
5 hot peppers
1.5 cups of grape tomatoes

11 Likes

It’s as if you bought 5 bell peppers and got a whole lot of other produce for free!

4 Likes

I can’t even get bell peppers for $1 here anymore! SALE is $1.50 :cry:

3 Likes

They are rarely $1 here! And when they are, I buy them

3 Likes

there is a whole box of them available, but you have to get to Queens Quay, which somewhat defeats the purpose.

4 Likes

You know the twice weekly top up shop? Food for lunch boxes and some lazy meals.

12 Likes

That’s pretty good.

I just took a $195.05 grocery delivery. Granted $77 was wine but still. Not pictured are the two punnets of raspberries, one that was instantly demolished and the other I hid…

They substituted the bread, having bread for school lunches was 90% the point of the order, for helgas white. Boo.

And I just noticed they swapped my beetroot gnocchi for something less appealing too. If I wanted more plain gnocchi I would have got another pack of the $1.66 ones, not paid $7 :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Boy PDM has an insatiable appetite lately - even after we fixed his parasites. We’re trying to send him with more food. He brings home a licked clean bento box.

7 Likes

Hopefully this is enough food for growing boys.

11 Likes

That is twice as much as Duckling has ever eaten. I would definitely eat that lunchbox

4 Likes

Haha that’s the irony. I end up eating what ever scraps I can throw together.

2 Likes

I tried to convince Pikelet on this style lunch box for this year (they even have a hello kitty one!) because it looks much easier to clean, but she wasn’t sure and school is the only place she eats (only a slight exaggeration) so we stuck with what she knows.

They have heaps of space. We are at the limit of what fits in the one she has.

2 Likes

Joy of Cooking has a good potato/tomato soup that is one of my winter standbys. Also Vegetarian Epicure, vol 2, has an Italian potato/tomato casserole.

Both are winter standards here. If you want the recipe(s), I’ll post them.

Another $5 from flashfood

I couldn’t pass up the asparagus. I thought there was only one bunch.

3 bunches asparagus
1 large butternut squash
7 peppers
6 limes
1 lemon

So now to look up freezer options for asparagus.

12 Likes

Pickled asparagus is excellent. Not frozen, but submitting as a contender anyway.

4 Likes

Just the essentials.

12 Likes

I could eat that whole bag of taters right now

2 Likes

What’s the tiny bag of meat on the very top? And is that all beef? Or lamb? I need to know cuts too plz, thank u v much.

4 Likes