Give me random advice

the chicken will not last that long in the fridge, even cooked

throw it out, even though it was expensive

don’t beat yourself up, just try to do better next time

8 Likes

Also beef. Last-week-me needed this advice.

9 Likes

It’s also not going to get better leaving it there longer… And not going to get less stinky and more appealing to open the container to toss it.

8 Likes

Oh dear. You are all my people.

1 Like

At one job where I used to clean out the fridges, at times like that, I just tossed the full containers

1 Like

I’ve tossed my own containers when they got past a certain point.

5 Likes

If you use a paper list at the grocery store, instead of crossing things off you can make a small tear then fold over the tab bit to more easily see what’s left to get. (I undid some of these to show what I mean)

7 Likes

This is what I did when I used a paper list, too!

2 Likes

After you have a baby, take as long as you want in the bathroom when you get to go alone. It’s like a resort

13 Likes

While it’s great to learn to appreciate finer things, never become a connoisseur in consumables. It’s too damn expensive.

10 Likes

My dad still resents that I gave him a taste for Yuban instead of Folgers :joy: he refuses to drink my nice coffee because it’ll “ruin him”.

7 Likes

I learned of these tips from a neighborhood animal activist who spends much of her free time trying to find people’s lost pets.

Use self-closing gates in your yard if you have a dog that likes to run off. Even better, add a 2nd gate (like an airlock) if your kiddos tend to hold or leave the gate open or your dogs are sneaky fast. In the same vein, a strategically placed self closing baby gate inside the house can help to keep (smaller) dogs from escaping the house when a door is opened.

She also taught me that no matter how well-behaved or obedient your off-leash dog is, it can trigger aggression in a leashed dog it encounters because the leashed dog knows it is at a disadvantage due to being leashed. (This is an entirely different dynamic than when both dogs are leashed, or both dogs are off leash).

8 Likes

We had an airlock set up at the last house we owned. It was SUCH an asset when I took dogs in through Rover. Both for my own comfort, and because I had some people specifically citing it as a reason they picked us! (I called it out in my profile).

7 Likes

YES.

I walked a shep who was a delight of a dog. He’d also been attacked by off-leash dogs numerous times when on-leash and he did not do well with off-leash dogs approaching him after that. It was a completely different story if he was off-leash himself.

5 Likes

This also works with Great Danes. But then, they so want to please their people, I used to joke we could have tied a string between two trees, told the Danes which side was theirs, and they’d have stayed. Well, he would have stayed to please us. Girl Dog would have stayed because that’s where he was. But neither of them ever breached the baby gate except one time when there were scary fireworks.

7 Likes

Boots first, then corset.

(from my goth club days… SIGH.)

13 Likes

This one has been around for at least 25 years. There were t-shirts, do you remember those?

5 Likes

Vaguely. It is an important thing to remember though! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, you’ll be reminded if you forget.

Solidarity. I definitely forgot that at times, then spent a good minute trying to negotiate with myself/physics/anatomy. I never won.

2 Likes