Give me random advice

If, like me, you haven’t put in earrings since lockdown started, go do that. I wouldn’t have thought that lobe piercings I got at age 13 would close up, particularly since one was kind of stretched out due to heavy earrings in the 80s, but here we are. (I did manage to jam them back in.)

10 Likes

Done. It was needed. Thanks.

4 Likes

Excellent reminder. I’ll give the vaccine clinic an extra lil :sparkles:razzle dazzle :sparkles:

7 Likes

If, like me, you’re hoarding anything at all perishable from the World Before because you can’t get it anymore, go ahead and use it/eat it/dye your hair with it/whatever. It won’t last forever. Better to get something out of it.

In other words, I’m eating the Gin-Gins before they fuse with their wrappers.

14 Likes

Don’t buy anything refurbished from Amazon. Pretty sure they just slapped new tape on other people’s returns without bothering to look inside.

6 Likes

Since this seems to be a hit on my journal -

Make a list of everything you cook for dinner and keep updating that list. If you meal plan, just copy+paste the list somewhere till you have one giant list of meals. I did this till I had +400 rows in Google Sheets then sorted it and deleted outright duplicates (lots of “burgers” entries). There’s still things that are very similar but are different text (enchiladas, chicken enchiladas, beef enchiladas) and ended up with +170 meals.

I still do meal planning starting with “shopping” out kitchen if there’s lots of random ingredients that need to be used up and also looking at the weekly ad, but if I’ve done that and there’s nothing inspiring and I still need more meal ideas I can just ask the internet for a random number between 1 and 174 and then see what meal that is.

10 Likes

Along these same lines…we made a spreadsheet with a list of our favorite restaurants and what we would like to order at each. Although we will sometimes change it up, it makes it so helpful when we just have no bandwidth for decision making or cooking. We’ve been going through a really hard time this year and have had a few people in our family offer to send meals more regularly and this has been great for my “ask” family who would want to know what we want to send. We just sent a link to the spreadsheet so when they want to get us a meal they can just get us a meal without anymore involvement from us.

7 Likes