Give me random advice

Someone did this on my moms group and there were some super good answers. So have at- give me some advice!

14 Likes

One to start from me: floss before you brush.

9 Likes

From my my last Jackbox session with my friends

Take care of your knew

4 Likes

I would love to know more about what this means.

4 Likes

If you’re supposed to do PT, do the damn PT

Use your nice china/candles/blankets/hoarded items, don’t save them for hypothetical whatever

14 Likes

Oh god yes. Please go back to 14 year old BJoy and convince her of that? :joy:

9 Likes

Darn it

Take care of your knees.

12 Likes

If you move in with a new SO and you aren’t both use to sleeping with a partner, have TWO good blankets on the bed at all times. This saved us from eternal blanket tug-of-war.

ETA: And always have extra blankets nearby, regardless of your sleep with others status. Sometimes you just need more warm.

16 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: this is very good advice as well. But I figured you were telling me something incredibly sage, and I was just waiting for it to unfold before me.

7 Likes

My contribution to the original thread was:
If you frequently have a “floordrobe” or a “chairdrobe”, add a basket on top of your dresser or set aside a section of your closet where you can put those not clean/not dirty/to be reworn items away.

16 Likes

Do the dishes.

13 Likes

:joy: I need to put a basket below the hook that I inevitably overload with such clothing so they land in the basket instead of on the floor!

9 Likes

Ahh I love this! I’m a big fan of “embrace who you are not who you think you should be” and honestly this is just peak embracing. Perfection :joy:

12 Likes

On a note along with this…

Buy clothes that are comfy for your body as it is.

15 Likes

Legit. Sizing and cut, but also like, sensory/style/etc too. Giving up on trying to buy “sexy” underwear was one of the best choices of my life. I don’t LIKE IT. Why then? Why do I want my butt uncomfortable all day? I don’t! :joy:

9 Likes

Ugh, yes. Only stretchy breathable perfectly sized underclothes please. The person I sleep with thinks I’m sexiest when I forgo underclothes altogether so why would I get sexy ones?

Also why have I ever bought anything dry clean only? Ever? I’ve never dry cleaned anything I just stick it in the wash and pray.

10 Likes

Look at situations through a lens of feedback, learning, and growth, not judgement. (Especially professional situations.)

Treat or prewash stains early. And you can take that figuratively if you want…

If it’s late add things aren’t getting done, it may be better to reset and do better tomorrow than keep pushing to catch up.

ETA: moneys advice:

Create a 1k cash emergency fund as soon as you can. Do not use it outside extremely dire circumstances.

Minimize big, recurring expenses (housing, transport) if possible, then everything else falls into place easier. *I may go back on this somewhat when we buy a house…

6 Likes

Yep. Those scratchy pants that fit a little weird in the crotch but are on sale? Not gonna fit better later. Keep lookong for the va-va-voom pants you want to live in!

And you all can have my chairdrobe over my cold, dead body! The closet is all the way across the room! The chair is by my bed where I change into jammies. The math is not hard! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If you are not feeling comfortable the first 20 seconds after trying something on - its not the right thing for you.

walk whenever possible, even 10 times a day 2 mins add up to a healthy amount of movement

do not wait for New Years Eve, your birthday, … if you think about changing habits - start today

be nice to yourself, always

7 Likes

Oh, and…

…cordless vacuums are the best. You need one.

10 Likes