Get it Done December Challenge

Went on the second tour yesterday!

Today we need to send emails to both places with questions and figure out if there’s an opening when we need it at the second place.

We should also have a serious convo with in laws who have offered to help, to see what commitment they could make.

3 Likes

Update…two rounds of company later…third round arrives Monday!

• Finish piecing the top of the South Korean appliqué quilt top.
    :white_check_mark: I made some stool pads for DSIS#1 and have fabric left over.
    :white_check_mark: I made potholders for DSIS#1.
    :white_check_mark: I have cushion cover tops cut out for DSIS #1. Cut backs and sew covers. - need new serger needles.
  • I’m thinking of making a runner for DSIS #1’s bay window sill.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas linens for my own living room end tables. 2 - 8”x12” red runners.
    :white_check_mark: I have to talk to the bank about GIC renewal.
    :white_check_mark: I need to organize gifts for my DSIS#3 family.
    :white_check_mark: prep for DSIS#3’s visit in December. Her DD is going to help decorate for Christmas.
    :white_check_mark: maybe get said niece to help bake cookies for Christmas too.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas cards mailed and emails sent.
    :white_check_mark: blog post written and scheduled.
    :white_check_mark: videos filmed, edited and scheduled.
  • Update master artist CV, bio and artist statement.
  • organize my business records and update my financial records.
  • finish watching nature journaling videos.
  • finish watching philatelic videos.
  • If I have time…rug hook and spin yarn.
    :negative_squared_cross_mark: Look at Keurigs & reusable K-cups. - I want the slim red one ($110 CAD). We don’t drink coffee, but our company does…and isn’t shy about complaining. - company bought us a French Press.
    :white_check_mark: Take stuff to thrift store.
    :white_check_mark: Polish silver and brass napkin rings.
    :white_check_mark: Think of and buy a Christmas gift for DD#2 & SIL#2
1 Like

$2k transferred from never used, zero interest checking account to the bank account we actually use and gives us a decent ish interest rate.

Today I’ll spend some time on the stuffed animal!

1 Like

:white_check_mark: scheduled an optometrist appointment!

:white_check_mark: worked out 1x

Aaaand did not do no phone friday.

3 Likes

Sent emails. Looks like we will have a wait list to contend with no matter what :sob:

5 Likes

One of three basement rooms done.

gp room cleaned except the closet (the get it done part) so no excuses /distractions now.

3 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check:Organize my office (at home; the one at work is decent)
Write a new course
:ballot_box_with_check: Catch up on sleep
:ballot_box_with_check:Find out about doggie flu vaccine so I can take them to the dog park again (we’re in the middle of an outbreak)

Started on the three with grey checks.

Office: Have cleared the top of the file cabinet and cleaned out the big cabinet in the desk, and cleared off the top of the heater I’ve been using as a shelf. Still need to clear the desktop, but major progress today including sorting a couple year’s worth of mail that I’d gone through but just stashed on that file cabinet if it needed only to be filed. So worst paper monster is tamed.

Sleep: not having to get up at five the last few days is helping, but not waking up every 45 minutes with a hot flash would really help more. Think I’m going to make a doctor’s appointment. Really wanted to avoid hormones, but it may be time to do something.

Doggie flu vaccine: found a nearby vet that carries the vaccine (our regular one doesn’t) and fortunately he saw our two when they were pups and regular vet was on vacation. Appointment for the first shot on Monday - it’s a two-shot series.

8 Likes

Whelp, I’m late to this party, but it sounds like a great thing to do!

Work:

• Finish prepping new hire tour notes
  • Finish a card
  • Potluck (Wtf do i bring) Skipped potluck
  • Clean out work email

Life:

• clean out bathroom closet
    :white_check_mark: Well woman exam
  • organize a friend gathering while they’re in town (use the nice wine)
  • Reset bedtime to 10:30 pm
  • Meet new person and try new restaurant!
  • Listen to Prison of Plastic audiobook

Finances

• Buy mutual funds w/ funds
  • Enter in december buying & reciepts into budget
  • Double check cards going into new year
4 Likes

:o: Finish going through the storage room. I did some of this when I was taking work outreach stuff back to work, but there are still plenty of shelves left of stuff I can’t blame on anyone else.
:o: Review all of the streaming services I’m subscribed to. I know there are some 1 year deals that end next month, need to decide what’s worth keeping
:white_check_mark: Review credit cards/update rewards spreadsheet (make sure what I have is worth keeping)
:o: Check computer back up systems
:white_check_mark: Update hit-by-a-bus documentation
:o: Redo dry goods whiteboards (did freezers previously)

Two down, even with the cat’s help (otherwise known as occupation of one shoulder).

4 Likes

Goal bingo goals I have not completed and think I can:
:white_check_mark:Spell a month
12 letters to elected officials
:white_check_mark:Tarot card for each month
:white_check_mark:12 books by Black authors
Bookspin and double spin picks
Pass on nightshirt

Goal bingo goals I’m not sure I can complete but I’ll try anyway:
12 books from my own shelves
:white_check_mark:Libby holds down to 5 books
YouTube queue down to 15 videos
Make book purse

2 Likes

:o: Finish going through the storage room. I did some of this when I was taking work outreach stuff back to work, but there are still plenty of shelves left of stuff I can’t blame on anyone else.
:o: Review all of the streaming services I’m subscribed to. I know there are some 1 year deals that end next month, need to decide what’s worth keeping
:white_check_mark: Review credit cards/update rewards spreadsheet (make sure what I have is worth keeping)
:white_check_mark: Check computer back up systems
:white_check_mark: Update hit-by-a-bus documentation
:o: Redo dry goods whiteboards (did freezers previously)
:o: Fix hole in sock heel and unraveling shirt collar

One more done. Computers (at least the portions I care about) are backing themselves up. And I’m doing a test-pack of vacation stuff for my holiday trip while letting RuPaul’s drag race play, so I’m thinking that’s a streaming subscription I should keep, but I really need to do a more thorough check of all of those once I’m finished.

Also added one more item, I have two items in my repair list that I need to get to before I forget (again…)

So this week I got my coffee cups and cutting boards bleached. They all look so pretty now!

This was a hard week to get some stuff done due to work travel, but I also got other unlisted tasks done.

It just means that I can plan on the other items to pick some days and focus.

2 Likes

Felt like I got nothing done this week, but looks like I did manage to check off:

• covid booster- scheduled and got it yesterday!
  • I listed one group of things I wanted to sell. Took pictures of the rest, but not sure if I want to bother listing it at this point or wait til I get back from my trip
  • ran 5k and posted time!
4 Likes

Update of this week:

• Clean up and sort my washi tape
  • Budget for the new year (to accommodate the huge changes coming)
  • Set a meeting with my friend/accountant
  • Edit and upload a video
  • Planner set up for 2023

Done or made progress:
:soon: Organize my office space (WIP)
:soon: Finish present run and wrapping (WIP)
:white_check_mark: Appt to get that Tax document (have to make another one)
:white_check_mark: Dentist appt (and made the follow up appt)
:no_entry_sign: Request days off for the holidays at work (canceled I’ll be my boss’ backup)

2 Likes

Deleting tech newsletters from 2021 with wild abandon; skimming lots of things; exploding newsletters into their component links; shunting games into a separate notebook, which I’ll get to once this one’s dealt with. But not this year! Definitely not as part of this challenge. I’m just tracking it out of curiosity.
articles to read and games to play

7 Likes

I’m late to start but going to jump in anyway. I primarily have one big task, and that is to work steadily on cleaning the crap out of our current place and getting rid of as much as possible as we’re in the process of trying to buy a house.

So far I have:

• Cleaned out most of my old papers and recycled a bunch of stuff.

• Cleaned out an old filing cabinet and converted it to organize mutual aid group supplies.

• Gathered some books, notebooks, office supplies, and DVDs for donation (have not donated yet). Still have a lot of books to go through.

• Filled a plastic tub with clothing donations, most of which will go out through mutual aid group except a couple random frilly dresses.

• Made a good start organizing some of the mutual aid group clothing donations we’re keeping in the extra bedroom.

• Started cleaning bathrooms.

The biggest pain in the butt is going to be the backyard, where I improvised some raised bed situations with fabric planters, and where I also let a lot of plants just die with the change of the seasons this year :sweat_smile:. Another challenge will be getting sweaty to get rid of the weird maybe useful someday stuff he has accumulated :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Update. Looking good!

• Finish piecing the top of the South Korean appliqué quilt top.
    :white_check_mark: I made some stool pads for DSIS#1 and have fabric left over.
    :white_check_mark: I made potholders for DSIS#1.
    :white_check_mark: I have cushion cover tops cut out for DSIS #1. Cut backs and sew covers. - need new serger needles.
  • I’m thinking of making a runner for DSIS #1’s bay window sill. - may be postponed. DSIS#1 is feeling guilty about how much sewing I’m doing for her. I’m waiting for window sill measurements.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas linens for my own living room end tables. 2 - 8”x12” red runners.
    :white_check_mark: I have to talk to the bank about GIC renewal.
    :white_check_mark: I need to organize gifts for my DSIS#3 family.
    :white_check_mark: prep for DSIS#3’s visit in December. Her DD is going to help decorate for Christmas.
    :white_check_mark: maybe get said niece to help bake cookies for Christmas too.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas cards mailed and emails sent.
    :white_check_mark: blog post written and scheduled.
    :white_check_mark: videos filmed, edited and scheduled.
    :arrow_forward: Update master artist CV, bio and artist statement - halfway
    :arrow_forward: organize my business records and update my financial records - currently working on this.
  • finish watching nature journaling videos
    :arrow_forward: finish watching philatelic videos - working on
    :arrow_forward: If I have time…rug hook and spin yarn - some hooking.
    :negative_squared_cross_mark: Look at Keurigs & reusable K-cups. - I want the slim red one ($110 CAD). We don’t drink coffee, but our company does…and isn’t shy about complaining.
    :white_check_mark: Take stuff to thrift store.
    :white_check_mark: Polish silver and brass napkin rings.
    :white_check_mark: Think of and buy a Christmas gift for DD#2 & SIL#2
    :arrow_forward: Fix rug hooking record keeping - started.
3 Likes

Maybe I’ll actually get all this done…?

2 Likes

Puppy flu shots Round 1 accomplished.

2 Likes

I have most of the clothes in the bedroom in the storage RV pulled out. Took some to homeless outreach, some long skirts to donation. Most of the clothes in the bathroom of the storage RV are cleared out. I opened the closet door there, and have a full closet of clothes left in there. Most will be gotten rid of.

I need to do a refresh on my bedroom. The piles on each side of the bed are getting bigger as I get all of each type of clothing I think I want to keep sorted together. So many clothes. Laundry needs to happen, and then I can make better choices of what is up to be tossed aside and what I want to keep.

6 Likes