Get it Done December Challenge

Done this week:

• book japan tickets
  • labs + rheumatologist appt
  • teach workshop for lead gen
5 Likes

This a brilliant thing to call it! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Happier with Gretchen Rubin! Can be a very uplifting podcast and with great little nuggets like that.

3 Likes

I both love that show and sometimes hate it because MAN are those two people so so so privileged. But I like listening to what their lives are like and I do get helpful hints. (Iā€™ve listened to tons of it though when I had a data entry job.) If you want to be kinda of amused at how Gretchen Rubin can say that private jets can be a necessity, I recommend hate-listening to her interview on The Financial Diet

3 Likes

Oh absolutely some issues there. Some of the tips are legit helpful though. And very few podcasts etc focused on ā€œimprove your lifeā€ do it through a lens of positivity instead of fear mongering if you donā€™t do X, so I appreciate not having to always listen to a litany of what will go catastrophically wrong if I donā€™t take their advice. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

ohh, very good phrasing. nice not be like ā€œif you donā€™t meditate you will dieā€ I genuinely enjoy the window into the lives of such folks, too. I really like the happier in Hollywood podcast too, to see how things go behind the scenes in hollywood.

2 Likes

Starting point: 223 notes

Tactical error: 95% of these notes are newsletters with like 10 links apiece. I donā€™t have 200 articles to read, I have 2000.

At least most of these JavaScript newsletters from 2020 can just be deleted, none of that content is relevant anymore. (Whichā€¦ really says something about the state of the ecosystem, doesnā€™t it.)

Today: 207 notes
(Iā€™ve also added 12 notes to the ā€œgames to playā€ notebook, but thatā€™s future Qristyā€™s problem)

5 Likes
  • Finish going through the storage room. I did some of this when I was taking work outreach stuff back to work, but there are still plenty of shelves left of stuff I canā€™t blame on anyone else.
  • Review all of the streaming services Iā€™m subscribed to. I know there are some 1 year deals that end next month, need to decide whatā€™s worth keeping
  • Review credit cards/update rewards spreadsheet (make sure what I have is worth keeping)
  • Check computer back up systems
    :white_check_mark: Update hit-by-a-bus documentation
  • Redo dry goods whiteboards (did freezers previously)
1 Like

Urghhhh I think Iā€™m in!

1. Start cardio training: I have a new gym membership and everything! Goal: 4x in December. So far I have done this zero days this month.

2. Start doing No Phone Time on Friday evenings. I keep thinking I want to build more screen free time into my schedule and I want to try this out.

3. Schedule eye doctor appointment

6 Likes

Ok! Iā€™ll try and do this just because I really need to get my act together!

Goals:

• Organize my office space
  • Clean up and sort my washi tape
  • Budget for the new year (to accommodate the huge changes coming)
  • Set a meeting with my friend/accountant
  • Appt to get that Tax document
  • Edit and upload a video
  • Finish present run and wrapping
  • Request days off for the holidays at work
  • Dentist appt

Done:

8 Likes

You can do it!! We believe in youā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My list:

• All empty cardboard boxes must die! :white_check_mark:

• Zap entire kitchen [3/4]

• Take first lot of things to the charity shop :white_check_mark:

• Zap living room [4/5]

• Finish clearing a path through garage and put more stuff in the skip [3/4]

• Bonus points: Tidy the garage to a useable blank space (Big ask!)

• Bonus points 2: Clear path to money tree (Small ask) :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Ok. I like lists!

1. Finalize estate documents with lawyer
  2. Finish putting up Christmas decorations
  3. Sort out Husbandā€™s 401k access issue
  4. Make Amazon returns
  5. Make Target returns
  6. Get Target price matches
  7. Finish memory quilt
  8. Wrapping presents
  9. Dispose of box of clothes. Either post on Poshmark (+ money, - time) or post on BN(+ time, -money)
  10. Fix the smart plug situation so Christmas lights come on automatically before sunset.
7 Likes

My list just keeps growing! :pensive: We had an impromptu errand run this morning that resulted in a three hour shopping trip! I got the time difference wrong between us and a friend out west. She FaceTimed while we were driving home. I put her off for half an hour. We talked for 1 1/2 hours. Hadnā€™t talked for almost 1 1/2 months!

F course, with all this shopping and talking, we thought of more things to add to our lists. Soā€¦the revised list is belowā€¦(Iā€™m tired just thinking about it!).

• Finish piecing the top of the South Korean appliquĆ© quilt top.
    :white_check_mark: I made some stool pads for DSIS#1 and have fabric left over.
    :white_check_mark: I made potholders for DSIS#1.
  • I have cushion cover tops cut out for DSIS #1. Cut backs and sew covers.
  • Iā€™m thinking of making a runner for DSIS #1ā€™s bay window sill.
  • Christmas linens for my own living room end tables.
  • I have to talk to the bank about GIC renewal. - I e-mailed banker and he wants me to do something I donā€™t want to do.
  • I need to organize gifts for my DSIS#3 family.
    :white_check_mark: prep for DSIS#3ā€™s visit in December. Her DD is going to help decorate for Christmas.
  • maybe get said niece to help bake cookies for Christmas too. - we bought chocolate to encourage the idea! :grin:
    :white_check_mark: Christmas cards mailed and emails sent.
  • blog post written and scheduled. - one left to do.
  • videos filmed, edited and scheduled. - one left to do.
  • Update master artist CV, bio and artist statement.
  • organize my business records and update my financial records.
  • finish watching nature journaling videos.
  • finish watching philatelic videos.
  • If I have timeā€¦rug hook and spin yarn.
  • Look at Keurigs & reusable K-cups. - I want the slim red one ($110 CAD). We donā€™t drink coffee, but our company doesā€¦and isnā€™t shy about complaining.
  • Take stuff to thrift store.
  • Polish silver and brass napkin rings.
3 Likes

Robovac was 100% the right call.

14 Likes

I lagged big time on packing this weekend, but I did manage a bunch of small mismatched kitchen breakables which are always a pain. I also planned out whatā€™s left and I have 1 or 2 big boxes of my stuff from under the bed and other corners, and parts of my desk/office. After that itā€™s down to kitchen and dumping stuff fairly indiscriminately (cleaning/paper goods/laundry, medicines/first aid, clothes for immediate use in suitcases). Itā€™s helping that a lot of our closet storage is already in plastic bins!

Got new keys today, a few days early! We donā€™t plan to start moving stuff or cats in until Fri but plan to go measure and plan and maybe mop/clean a bit sometime this week.

3 Likes

Got a lot done the last 24 hours!

• Finish piecing the top of the South Korean appliquĆ© quilt top.
    :white_check_mark: I made some stool pads for DSIS#1 and have fabric left over.
    :white_check_mark: I made potholders for DSIS#1.
  • I have cushion cover tops cut out for DSIS #1. Cut backs and sew covers. - need new serger needles.
  • Iā€™m thinking of making a runner for DSIS #1ā€™s bay window sill.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas linens for my own living room end tables. 2 - 8ā€x12ā€ red runners.
    :white_check_mark: I have to talk to the bank about GIC renewal.
    :white_check_mark: I need to organize gifts for my DSIS#3 family.
    :white_check_mark: prep for DSIS#3ā€™s visit in December. Her DD is going to help decorate for Christmas.
  • maybe get said niece to help bake cookies for Christmas too.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas cards mailed and emails sent.
    :white_check_mark: blog post written and scheduled.
  • videos filmed, edited and scheduled.
  • Update master artist CV, bio and artist statement.
  • organize my business records and update my financial records.
  • finish watching nature journaling videos.
  • finish watching philatelic videos.
  • If I have timeā€¦rug hook and spin yarn.
  • Look at Keurigs & reusable K-cups. - I want the slim red one ($110 CAD). We donā€™t drink coffee, but our company doesā€¦and isnā€™t shy about complaining.
  • Take stuff to thrift store.
  • Polish silver and brass napkin rings.
2 Likes

To get done this December:

1. Check in (yet again) argh on my student loans, grace period and PSLF. I will wait on hold with my servicer as long as it takes to get this done.

2. Start transferring accounts and other things to my new gmail account.

3. Start doing yoga again BEFORE new years.

1 Like

Office still a disaster
Books acquired for new course, some progress, much left to do but must finish previous semester first
Some more sleep happening, but see above
Doggie flu shot appointments on Monday since I donā€™t have to go in

Update!

Grey checks are started but not complete. Progress has been made in many areas! Gonna be hunting paperwork on Monday to get some complete.

2 Likes