Get it Done December Challenge

I am really impressed with how well I’m doing here. Lest anyone look at my list and get discouraged, remember, I have no children at home (mine grew up long ago), no grandchildren, and no job other than my art business.

So here’s my update:

• Finish piecing the top of the South Korean appliqué quilt top.
    :white_check_mark: I made some stool pads for DSIS#1 and have fabric left over.
    :white_check_mark: I made potholders for DSIS#1.
    :white_check_mark: I have cushion cover tops cut out for DSIS #1. Cut backs and sew covers. - need new serger needles.
  • I’m thinking of making a runner for DSIS #1’s bay window sill.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas linens for my own living room end tables. 2 - 8”x12” red runners.
    :white_check_mark: I have to talk to the bank about GIC renewal.
    :white_check_mark: I need to organize gifts for my DSIS#3 family.
    :white_check_mark: prep for DSIS#3’s visit in December. Her DD is going to help decorate for Christmas.
    :white_check_mark: maybe get said niece to help bake cookies for Christmas too.
    :white_check_mark: Christmas cards mailed and emails sent.
    :white_check_mark: blog post written and scheduled.
    :white_check_mark: videos filmed, edited and scheduled.
    :arrow_forward: Update master artist CV, bio and artist statement - halfway done.
    :white_check_mark: organize my business records and update my financial records - currently working on this.
    :arrow_forward: finish watching nature journaling videos.
    :arrow_forward: finish watching philatelic videos - working on this.
    :arrow_forward: If I have time…rug hook and spin yarn - some hooking.
    :negative_squared_cross_mark: Look at Keurigs & reusable K-cups. - I want the slim red one ($110 CAD). We don’t drink coffee, but our company does…and isn’t shy about complaining.
    :white_check_mark: Take stuff to thrift store.
    :white_check_mark: Polish silver and brass napkin rings.
    :white_check_mark: Think of and buy a Christmas gift for DD#2 & SIL#2
    :arrow_forward: Fix rug hooking record keeping - started.

Additions to the humongous list…already…

• Bake more cookies. Company and DH ate the rest. I’m hiding a few in the freezer, but no way are they going to be enough!
  • Start writing next year’s Ko-fi blog posts.
  • Start filming next year’s Ko-fi videos.
5 Likes

I have no kids and no job, is it ok for me to feel discouraged? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:pensive:. It’s okay to feel however you want. :stuck_out_tongue: I just don’t want people to look at my long list and feel overwhelmed, or create unrealistic expectations. More cautionary than anything. It is the holiday season after all. :hugs:

1 Like

I like the way some of you are citing the original lists. Lets see if I can keep this up

I have made it a cleaner list.
Hmm. No place to actually put a check mark. Also, how do you make a check mark?

I have made progress. It has been rainy and cold and my only room to sort stuff is on my patio. Not a good excuse. I do have one side of the bed* mostly sorted.

*My motor home came with two twin beds, one on each side of the back bedroom. My Uncle made a platform for the middle, so the entire back of my motor home is one big platform with a twin Z mattress in the middle. The sides are storage. For now, anyway.

4 Likes

I have an iPad I use to post here. The check mark is under the happy face. Then under the symbols icon on the bottom. Just scroll sideways until you see it. :white_check_mark:. There’s also gray ones :ballot_box_with_check::heavy_check_mark: And big red :x: !

1 Like

Thanks @PinkTutu . I’m looking… :white_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :ballot_box_with_check:

Have to post this to see what they look like.

3 Likes

Yeaaahhh! Approved for a card with a big bonus - at least $700. Maybe double that if used for travel.

5 Likes

Do I feel like I have already failed by it being midway through December and I’m just posting in this challenge? Yes. Am I going to push through that and post anyway? Yes. Am I, in fact, going to make writing this post the first thing on my Get it Done list? Also, yes :grin:

:heavy_check_mark: Write Get it Done December Challenge post
:heavy_check_mark: Get dad’s new Will finalized and signed
:pencil2: organize Box 'O Receipts into spreadsheet. Pitch whatever isn’t entered by Dec 31
:pencil2: Help CareFriend get the edit notes done on their Will
:pencil2: Hit the big red button on buying dad’s new computer
:hammer_and_wrench: stretch goal: get the data moved and new computer actually set up
:pencil2: move my data off of my work computer before my job ends Jan 1
:pencil2: get reimbursement documentation done & sent
:heavy_check_mark: send in NY tax forms to get back mistaken withholding
:pencil2: buy new backup drive and actually backup my laptop
:pencil2: Help CareFriend get their taxes filed
:pencil2: take two proofreading assignments :hammer_and_wrench: stretch goal: three assignments

Unexpected Bonus finished tasks that were not on my list for this month, but the water pouring into my house decided it was time :grimacing:

• repair front half of roof & demo water-damaged wall
  • repair and reline chimney
4 Likes

More work done but not completed. Lots needs us to have childcare for both kids so we can sit down at a computer and get stuff done. Thats happening this coming week, :crossed_fingers:

Ok I’m off to do things that are possible with kids in tow, like the gardening.

1 Like

Since the last late start update I deep cleaned one cabinet and two drawers in the kitchen, as well as some other kitchen cleaning tasks. I also cleaned out one of the two big drawers under my bed, washed and donated a lot of accessories in there that were pretty dog-haired.

I also cleaned and organized a lot of dog supplies and donated a bunch of Woody’s stuff that we don’t use (I actually did take it to a pet supply drive).

Finally, I got my partner on board and he cleaned out a big box of crap in the basement as well as purging a bunch of old race bibs and other old dusty broken etc sports memorabilia.

2 Likes

I am also joining this thread late, and need to figure out if I can copy and paste my to do notes from my I phone. But I’ve gotten a shit ton of stuff done in the last two weeks and intend to keep the momentum going — more tomorrow when I’m on my laptop

4 Likes

I’m not sure why one book goal is on the first list and one is on the second! Maybe I didn’t know what the bookspin would be when I made the list… if I finish bookspin and doublespin at this point, I will have read 12 books from my own shelves.

Goal bingo goals I have not completed and think I can:
:white_check_mark:Spell a month
:white_check_mark:12 letters to elected officials
:white_check_mark:Tarot card for each month
:white_check_mark:12 books by Black authors
Bookspin and double spin picks
Pass on nightshirt

Goal bingo goals I’m not sure I can complete but I’ll try anyway:
12 books from my own shelves
:white_check_mark:Libby holds down to 5 books
YouTube queue down to 15 videos
Make book purse

1 Like

:white_check_mark: optometrist scheduled for january
:white_check_mark: 2/4 gym visits. it felt good! I didn’t crash the next day!

5 Likes

:o: Finish going through the storage room. I did some of this when I was taking work outreach stuff back to work, but there are still plenty of shelves left of stuff I can’t blame on anyone else.
:o: Review all of the streaming services I’m subscribed to. I know there are some 1 year deals that end next month, need to decide what’s worth keeping
:white_check_mark: Review credit cards/update rewards spreadsheet (make sure what I have is worth keeping)
:white_check_mark: Check computer back up systems
:white_check_mark: Update hit-by-a-bus documentation
:o: Redo dry goods whiteboards (did freezers previously)
:white_check_mark: Fix hole in sock heel and unraveling shirt collar

Went through whole mending pile and fixed what I could…a couple items are rapidly approaching end-of-life, but they’ll last a little longer especially if I’m just working around the house.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: health insurance!
:white_check_mark: dental insurance!
:white_check_mark: gifts!

I think I’m going to shelve new eyeglasses until the new year since it’s not time-sensitive.

2 Likes

Nothing to fully check off today. Progress made on stuffed animal, thoughts had about EOY donations. Probably not much will move forward till after Christmas.

1 Like

Today’s update…

• Finish piecing the top of the South Korean appliqué quilt top.
  • :white_check_mark: I made some stool pads for DSIS#1 and have fabric left over.
  • :white_check_mark: I made potholders for DSIS#1.
  • :white_check_mark: I have cushion cover tops cut out for DSIS #1. Cut backs and sew covers. - need new serger needles.
  • I’m thinking of making a runner for DSIS #1’s bay window sill. - not happening before Christmas this year. I’m still awaiting measurements.
  • :white_check_mark: Christmas linens for my own living room end tables. 2 - 8”x12” red runners.
  • :white_check_mark: I have to talk to the bank about GIC renewal.
  • :white_check_mark: I need to organize gifts for my DSIS#3 family.
  • :white_check_mark: prep for DSIS#3’s visit in December. Her DD is going to help decorate for Christmas.
  • :white_check_mark: maybe get said niece to help bake cookies for Christmas too.
  • :white_check_mark: Christmas cards mailed and emails sent.
  • :white_check_mark: blog post written and scheduled.
  • :white_check_mark: videos filmed, edited and scheduled.
  • :arrow_forward: Update master artist CV, bio and artist statement - halfway done.
  • :white_check_mark: organize my business records and update my financial records - currently working on this.
  • :arrow_forward: finish watching nature journaling videos.
  • :arrow_forward: finish watching philatelic videos - working on this.
  • :arrow_forward: If I have time…rug hook and spin yarn - some hooking.
  • :negative_squared_cross_mark: Look at Keurigs & reusable K-cups. - I want the slim red one ($110 CAD). We don’t drink coffee, but our company does…and isn’t shy about complaining. DSis#3 bought us a French Press for an early Christmas gift.
  • :white_check_mark: Take stuff to thrift store.
  • :white_check_mark: Polish silver and brass napkin rings.
  • :white_check_mark: Think of and buy a Christmas gift for DD#2 & SIL#2
  • :arrow_forward: Fix rug hooking record keeping - started.

Additions to the humongous list…already…

• :white_check_mark: Bake more cookies. Company and DH ate the rest. I’m hiding a few in the freezer, but no way are they going to be enough!
  • Start writing next year’s Ko-fi blog posts.
  • Start filming next year’s Ko-fi videos.
  • :white_check_mark: Put together tortiere for the freezer
  • Hem pants
1 Like

Day Job

• apply for scholarship for CFP
    :white_check_mark: teach workshop for lead gen
    :white_check_mark: decide if apply to another job?
  • schedule PPP exam

OMD

• Patreon year end letter written and out
    :white_check_mark: make proposal for slate
    :white_check_mark: clear out recurring subs/patreons I don’t need
  • email newsletter 2023 plan
  • make a game plan for book printing for 3rd print run
  • podcast episodes out x 2
  • budgeting video up

Triplex

:white_check_mark: choose flooring

• choose faucets
  • order tile samples
  • order wallpaper samples
    :white_check_mark: record three more videos for house podcast

Volunteering/Life

• Take tax prep certification test
    :white_check_mark: labs + rheumatologist appt
    :white_check_mark: book japan tickets
    :white_check_mark: hotel night for SSO
2 Likes

Won’t quite finish the doggie flu vaccine series in december, because it’s a month between shots. But I’ve completed it as far as is possible, so I’m calling it done. We go back for shot number two on January 12th.

Home office is good, could be improved still further, but we’ll see if I get there. Meanwhile it’s organized and useful.

Project catch up on sleep - I think I’ve done all I can on my own. Going to bed when I get tired, trying to sleep in. The problem is hot flashes that wake me up 4 or 5 times every night. Today I woke up at 2:30 am and that was that. So I made a doctor’s appointment for this afternoon to talk about what to do about the hot flashes.

Haven’t really started to think about the new course yet. Need to do that, not sure I’m ready yet. It could wait till next week.

2 Likes

my update for this week:

Update of this week:

• Clean up and sort my washi tape
  • Budget for the new year (to accommodate the huge changes coming)
  • Edit and upload a video

Done or made progress:
:soon: Organize my office space (WIP)
:white_check_mark: Finish present run and wrapping (WIP)
:white_check_mark: Appt to get that Tax document (have to make another one)
:white_check_mark: Dentist appt (and made the follow up appt)
:no_entry_sign: Request days off for the holidays at work (canceled I’ll be my boss’ backup)
:white_check_mark: Planner set up for 2023
:white_check_mark: Set a meeting with my friend/accountant

1 Like