FUN 2019

Saw a delightful production of The Winter’s Tale last night in a lovely foggy redwood grove.

4 Likes

Going camping this weekend and finally taking our inflatable kayak out! To jump on the kayak with everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I ate a taco salad

4 Likes

I had limited fun this weekend. It was of the Mandatory Fun ™ style. So this week I’m going to have my kind of fun to get my shine back.
What fun will I have? UNKNOWN.

4 Likes

I found thai coconut m&m’s at the grocery store and they were weird but trying them was fun.

4 Likes

Today I made the internet famous giant crinkly chocolate chip cookies that I’ve been meaning to make for a long time.

5 Likes

I went to a meetup to make new friends! Also I just watched A Simple Favor on Hulu and it was so fun, definitely watch it.

4 Likes

I watched Captain Marvel and spent most of the weekend playing Stardew Valley.

8 Likes

That sounds 100% perfect.
Did you marry any of the villagers? I married the beach poet and he’s kind of lame.

2 Likes

So far I’ve had a game where I married Emily (blue-haired girl into sewing – she seems pretty boring too actually.), an in-progress game in which I’m a player (trying to make everyone in love with me) and a game with Greyman where I’m pursuing Penny.

Possibly they all suck?

Tonight I tried adding cocoa powder and sugar to peanut butter as a bedtime snack. It is not good. Do not do it. NOT FUN.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing. It sounds like it would be good.

1 Like

Grainy sugar doesn’t do it for me.

Maple syrup next time?

2 Likes

Having healthy snacks in the house because I’m caught up on the groceries next time, ideally.

My usual snack these days is a carrot or two. I am so bored.

2 Likes

I packed a “lunch” into backpacks for Duckling & I, and we went on an adventure around the backyard and then had a picnic. He carried a banana, oat bar and jam sandwich around pretty easily.

3 Likes

Should we help you brainstorm some FUN snacks in the spirit of the thread?

3 Likes

I’ve been making my own parfaits @Smacky ! My current favorite is plain greek yogurt + homemade cereal + fruit + small bit of honey.

2 Likes

YES!

1 Like

I’ve been loving boursin on cucumbers.

This is more a meal than a snack, but lol, same thing to me right now: I’ve been doing 1/2 cup oats, a scoop of collagen peptides, 1 tbsp each chai seeds and hemp hearts, cinnamon and a little salt, then mixing with ~1/3c milk and some water (adding to 1/2 cup) and microwaving for 90 seconds. I then mix in a little maple syrup and top with fruit. Fresh ideal, but craisins and dried blueberries have also been delightful. Also good was some pumpkin puree (added before cooking) and then chopped nuts (I do pecans).

Ants on a log is always a tasty classic. Recently learned that since my husband doesn’t like raisins, when he was a kid he did chocolate chips.

Not so much a fun snack, but super easy and nutritious, is a hard boiled egg plus a string cheese. Bonus is for some reason I can eat that even when fairly nauseous, as long as it’s all cold and salty.

2 Likes