FUN 2019

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sounds like fun.

That was my favorite part about visiting Rome. It’s not a museum behind rope, you can touch the ruins!

1 Like

I like this thread! Baby has discovered he can splash in the bath, so that has been really fun!

1 Like

I’m moving a small end table from our second bedroom to right by the front door, for keys and mail! It’ll free up some space in the bedroom too, which feels a little bit cluttered right now.

2 Likes

We went with some friends to the Science Behind Pixar exhibit at the science museum this past weekend. Afterward we went to play with the puzzles in the hands-on area close to closing time-- there were hardly any kids there and it was so much fun! Normally I don’t spend much time doing those things because 1) there are tons of kids running around and that mentally exhausts me and 2) I don’t want to be the asshole adult competing with them to play. We also watched an IMAX movie about real-life superhero dogs and Marmalade was happy.

3 Likes

It looks so much nicer!

There was nothing there before (except the shoes and the framed picture). The plant is from the living room where it was not very visible on the book shelf and the little tin (for keys) was packed away in a box but we dug it out! It has a pretty lid too.

8 Likes

We bought a small desk for our loungeroom and a couple of stools and now I do art while the kid plays. He takes turns between joining in and playing blocks. I have been doing so much more ME time.

@oro yesss me too I LOVE putting my hands on nature.

7 Likes

Last night I went kayaking with a friend on the river. A chill friend who wasn’t trying to make it into a workout. We did a lot of floating while chatting. It was perfect.

11 Likes

Something that I’ve been having fun with all summer is playing around with makeup. I’m sure that would not be fun to many, but I’ve been enjoying it. Makeup and skin care stuff. I’ve worn makeup since I was like 13 years old, but I haven’t had fun with it in a long time. It was just something to do each day, like putting clothes on. Years of babies and toddlers and taking care of everyone else plus being too broke to spend on something as frivolous as makeup took over, but lately I’ve been indulging in just playing around with make makeup and creams and cleansers and beauty tools and extravagant (for me!) hair products. It’s a whole new world for me because the last time I paid any attention to beauty stuff, we only had magazines. Youtube is a whole new (sometimes confusing!) world of beauty and I’m having fun with all of it.

6 Likes

I love kayaking like this and do not do it nearly enough. * adds kayaking to the ‘fun stuff we need to do soon’ list *

4 Likes

I love putting on makeup @noitsbecky ! And doing my hair :slight_smile: youtube is amazing for both.

Today I finally successfully cleaned my stainless steel with zero streaks, the secret was vinegar all along. It looks so much better. Cleaning, and housework in general, is a great stress reliever, and it has such instant benefits!

I’ve also been making fancy drinks to go with dinner lately, which feels very indulgent. My current favorite is mandarin orange seltzer + small amount of grenadine + muddled fresh mint. Oh and I’ve been using our heavier plates for dinner, and not the corelle. Something about heavier plates feels so luxurious to me, like you’re really having a meal.

5 Likes

I got a Jane Iredale lipstick sample thing with an order. Now I know who to give it to! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My insane puppy and tiny kitten act like they are trying to kill each other, but every time I intervene I find that the dog is actually being very gentle and the kitten loves being chewed on, and often falls asleep mid-fight.

9 Likes

We put truck stickers on Duckling’s door to make his bedroom more special.

Also fun, but a while ago and ongoing: we made a secret garden down the side of our house full of flowering annuals and a little path because I know I’m ripping everything out later as I get rid of the weeds in there, so why not have fun in the meantime? :smiley:

6 Likes

Another fun thing, on a roll today: we took down the blinds I hate in our loungeroom and replaced them with curtains today, and I am so happy every time I look at the new curtains!

8 Likes

I’m trying to get outside in the garden every day and just enjoy being there for at least 10 minutes. I spend lots of time fussing around and such out there but just being is really nice.

I put my feet in the sandpit while sitting in my chair and it totally felt like I was at the beach on holidays.

I also shifted our dining table across so we have direct access to the backyard door and it feels so much more open! I only shifted it a metre across the room but the effect is huge.

8 Likes

I pet an excited forum doggie! I ate cupcakes! I screwed in lightbulbs until my feet hurt!

8 Likes

We drove around Sauvie Island (we want to do more adventures!) and briefly checked out the beach. As I walked to the top of the steps, I heard someone call out my name, and it was our neighbor! We just happened to park next to those steps and head up as he was taking stuff back to his car.

And then we did a practice round of Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 with our friends. I am liking it. Next time we start the real thing.

7 Likes

I found a volunteering position working with/around horses! I’ll be helping out at a horse farm that offers equine therapy and adaptive riding programs. I might spend more of my time cleaning up horse poop than working directly with the riding programs, at least at first, but I don’t mind doing it and it definitely benefits the programs to have poop-free areas to work in!

9 Likes

@LadyDuck I love when little changes have a huge impact!

1 Like