Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

Day 6

7 Likes

7 Likes

lovely reflection of the composition and lighting, it feels joyfully serene

1 Like

Gosh that’s happy! And what a cute vase!

1 Like

:face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

Toronto has an official bee. It lives in condos and has a welcoming aspect when it comes to other stranger bees. Plus it is green.

City of Toronto Symbols – City of Toronto for more info about why this bee was chosen

10 Likes

i finally grew some bells of ireland. only two but it’s better than zero!

8 Likes

This is what one sees when walking up to our house atm

12 Likes

8 Likes

That is such a beautiful little vignette, that beautiful climbing rose spilling over the fence. So charming! I would like to have something like that in my front border.

I do not aspire to a climber though, because I don’t think I could take care of it. Maybe I could, I don’t know. I’ve made DH promise to take care of any roses we plant because I can’t stand touching them. The thorns give me goosebumps. So we’ve not had roses for years, but he kind of likes them so I’ll have them if he will take care of them.

2 Likes

we did not put in this rose, it was probably two owners before us. When we moved in, there were two little tendrils lying on the ground, and I picked them up and wove them through the fence. it is definitely a scrappy survivor.

but it also at times is like owning a kitten, and I get a lot of scratches when wrangling it.

3 Likes

Aaahhhh…. My first pretty little baby bouquet. The color of that Yarrow makes my heart happy.

11 Likes

hooray! they are lovely :smiling_face:

1 Like

6 Likes

my garden plot is popping! i need to go harvest tomorrow.

6 Likes

Madge have you ever got pushback from anyone in your community garden group about growing only ornamentals?

I asked because a couple years before we moved from our city location where we had community garden plots and involvement, someone was on a rampage about people who don’t grow edibles. our community garden is for growing vegetables!

I had to calm her down and tell her that simply was not true, there’s nothing in our bylaws that says that, there’s no limitations, and anyone can grow anything as long as they keep their plots neat and tidy, and don’t have overgrowth as described in the rules.

3 Likes

when i began at the community garden last year i thought some folks might have an issue with it, but no one did! i got a lot of compliments on the beauty of my plot last year and some people also mentioned how good it was to have more flowers around to attract pollinators. almost everyone else does grow food, though.

this year in fact we started a community flower patch so that folks can cut some bouquets and we should even be able to stock the neighborhood market and the community fridge with flowers, too. very exciting!

5 Likes

A few weeks ago I visited Butchart Gardens near Victoria, BC. The highlight for me was catching Himalayan blue poppies in bloom. I’d never seen them before but have been intrigued by them for years. They are apparently the truest blue flower found in nature.

14 Likes

Tattered and chomped. The tattered is from the huge thunderstorms last night.

I didn’t expect the chomped one to turn out like that, it is almost like a paper snowflake unfolded.

9 Likes

Oh lucky you!

I have seen blue poppies in Scotland. My very first sighting of a blue poppy, and I had always wanted to see one, was at our aunt’s house. She had a cottage on the isle of Arran with a great flower garden.

Since then, I saw blue poppies now and then on other trips in Scotland. They are magical.

5 Likes