Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

My front stoop planter is looking pretty good :blush:

6 Likes

Dahlias were on sale. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Oh wow thanks! I have a LOT of different volunteers around my yard. Glad to know officially what this one is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Front porch hanging planter

13 Likes

Those eggs in the pansies are such a gorgeous colour combination! Nice job bird!

3 Likes

So pretty it doesn’t seem real. Those must be robin’s eggs.

4 Likes

First roses of the year

7 Likes

Day 2

9 Likes

massive sweet pea haul today! this year i grew them right next to a row of bachelors buttons which is serving as a kind of natural trellis. they smell so good :sob:

10 Likes

Day 3

9 Likes

they are so dreamy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

So beautiful!

1 Like

This is the end of the peonies. :smiling_face_with_tear:

12 Likes

a stunning season!!

1 Like

Day 5 (survived much torrential rain on day 4)

10 Likes

the bachelor buttons are really going off now! i think the sweet peas might be finishing up since it’s gonna get hot next week. snapdragons coming any minute now!! :smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

Here are early summer photos from my garden in the city. It was free form and spilling over with Iris, Lilies, and in this view Larkspur.

I’m trying to get something similar going in our current house, but after a couple years have not had luck in getting a structure that works so we hired a landscaper to do a basic plan. I guess it is ok, still a work in progress.

4 Likes

What a pretty soft pink rose! I just planted three polyanthus pink shrub roses yesterday, the one known as “The Fairy.”

I was very specific that I wanted The Fairy in our landscaping plan, but our landscapers substituted one of the ubiquitous knockout roses that is apricot not pink. I wanted pink. Nope.

So I ordered The Fairy roses from White Flower Farm and I think they will do well. My experience with The Fairy shows it to be extremely drought tolerant and it does not need special treatment that roses often need.

Next, I’m going to seek out a good David Austin type shrub rose on the short side for another place in our front garden.

3 Likes

You’re so far ahead of me. Are those things that you did cold sowing of to have them earlier?

2 Likes

yeah i sowed my bachelors buttons at the beginning of march, directly in the garden bed. i think i started my sweet peas around valentine’s day, under grow lights. i planted them out in the garden bed in mid-april. i probably could have planted them out earlier but i had vertigo really bad for most of march.

3 Likes