Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

Apple blossom.

Teatree/melaleuca flowers

11 Likes

I’ve never seen teatree flowers. We get SO many tea tree products over here, it was really in vogue for a while, but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the plant itself!

3 Likes

Same here! I just love the vibrant pink!

The school garden after summer vacation. I didn’t even realize it was sunflowers that were planted in these boxes when I last saw them in June.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Spring has finally arrived in Melbourne.

9 Likes

Lycoris radiata
aka spider lily, solstice lily, hurricane flower. Also corpse flower, though these are not the giant stinky things that are usually called that. Considered ill omens in some cultures (Japan, I think, but don’t quote me on that). They bloom in autumn, flower stalks emerging before the leaves do, usually after a heavy rain, and they’re suddenly in bloom all over grad school city. These are in the yard of the apartment. Apparently, every single one of these in the US is a clone of one out of three bulbs brought over in the late 1700s.

10 Likes

Apparently these flowers are edible, but I like the tie dye look

6 Likes

Are those a type of celosia? I just discovered celosia and they are my favorite! They’re so fuzzy they look like you should be able to make a blanket out of them

2 Likes

Yep! The fuzziest flowers!

I go back and forth on trying to eat one… But probably won’t. It would be like only eating peach skins.

2 Likes

I love hydrangeas.

10 Likes

I loooove the purple ones. They’re so beautiful. Now if I could just get some purple azaleas bushes to plant I’d be happy.

3 Likes

Hydrangeas change color based on soil pH! So you can amend your soil to pick your color :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s right I forgot about that.

Me too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My sister’s backyard is full of hydrangeas in the most perfect shade of blue. One of a few things I envy about her house (also, it’s in Philly).

3 Likes

Pear flowers:

Makrut lime flower:

6 Likes

I had no idea pear flowers were so pretty! Cool, thanks for sharing that.

Ok I’m loving the dianthus I’ve grown! I’ve already shared a pic before but look at these ones. The range is really cool

8 Likes

No idea why shamrocks are blooming in October in grad school city.

8 Likes

In my garden.

Mr Pancakes tried to pull it out when the plant was small thinking it was a weed. His mum tried too. And his dad. And my mum.

My efforts to protect it paid off.

No idea what it is. I did broadcast a beneficial insect seed mix in that area. It’s probably a pretty weed. :joy:

Edit: my investigation today points to a white/pink cornflower. Cool!

5 Likes