Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

i’m so sorry about your grandma. the flowers are incredible. :purple_heart::orange_heart:

I should have some more Dahlias, but otherwise these are the last few babies I have.

7 Likes

Does anyone have Dahlias that you dig up in winter? How do you store them? I have watched videos, and there seem to be a few options. @madgeylou?

1 Like

11 Likes

This is it for this year.

15 Likes

Those are absolutely gorgeous in that vase!

2 Likes

these are likely my last dahlias of the season, too, though the snapdragons will probably keep going for a while!

@turtlegirl last year i put my saved dahlia bulbs in paper bags, then inside a box in my garage. seemed to work ok!

9 Likes

My next 2-3 nights are going to be around 25 degrees. I assume that will kill anything that is left. :cry:

1 Like

do you know about cool flowers? some flowers really like the cold and even tolerate a bit of frost, like snapdragons and sweet peas.

there’s a book called “cool flowers” that explains it all! i’m planning on starting snaps and sweet peas and a few more varieties in february to plant out in april.

4 Likes

My sweet pea had some snow on it this week and is still green! It’s crazy!

1 Like

I saw the book but haven’t read it. It would be nice to have earlier flowers.

1 Like

Dahlias have been dug and divided. I have no idea if I did it correctly but I ended up with a lot of tubers. I need to decide how I’m going to store them once they are dry. All fingers crossed that they survive the winter.

5 Likes

I love funeral flowers.

It seems to be the trend more and more often to not send flowers but instead donate to a cause, and that is fine, but I like to look at the floral arrangements at funerals. That’s one way I kill time when at a visitation.

Most of the funerals I attend are for people in garden club or plant societies, so floral arrangements are important.

I took this one to the funeral of a key garden club lady in July. It is big, messy, and exuberant in Lilies.

2 Likes

Some of the funeral flowers can be absolutely amazing. The flowers for my grandma’s funeral were such a beautiful tribute from a long time family friend who owns a flower shop.

@madgeylou have you seen the Floret Originals that are coming in the new year? The colors are amazing! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

i did! i signed up to be notified about like 80% of them :laughing:

2 Likes

i miss real flowers, so i got out the wedding flowers i made 11 years ago. they still look pretty cute :relaxed:

11 Likes

Those are so cute! We’re they your wedding bouquet?

1 Like

thank you! i didn’t have a wedding bouquet but i made tons of these for decorations on all the dining tables. i gave them all away to friends and family except for these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@madgeylou have you made a list for Floret seeds? I’m going to have to revise and limit mine now that the prices are posted but I’m excited to order some.

1 Like