Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

This is the last of the flowers. :cry:

10 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I will check out this channel today :slight_smile: perfect timing. Your notes are helpful too. I think sometimes my vase (I only have one) is too big because I will put the flowers in and they kind of splay outwards? Like they look pretty in my hands but then spread out so much they look sparse. I never thought of using rubber bands or getting a smaller vase I thought I was just doing it wrong, lol.

5 Likes

hahaha same here! i saw a bouquet tied and plopped in water on instagram and was like :exploding_head: it’s a game-changer for sure, especially if you don’t want to own different 40 vases.

4 Likes

i love these @turtlegirl! are they gomphrenas?

3 Likes

Yep! :heart:

2 Likes

my flowers are just about done but i found this pic from earlier in the year and can’t remember if i shared it or not! sorry if it’s a repeat but dang, look at this sweet lil dumplin :two_hearts:

(also i really wanted to be post number 666 in this thread :smiling_imp:)

13 Likes

7 Likes

it’s definitely spring now

14 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Woah thats gorgeous!

3 Likes

My eyes feast

the ranunculus are store bought but the rest are from my garden. not dead yet!

the little orange puffball zinnias in the short arrangement are so neat – all season they were like an ombre pinkie-salmon color and now they are straight up orange! wild

14 Likes

Wow thats a beautiful colour pairing!

2 Likes

It’s frangipani time!

11 Likes

Mmmm they smell so good! We’ll have them in about a month i think. Our native one already flowered but the others are a bit later

1 Like

Not sure what this is

8 Likes

It’s winter here but my orchid is blooming! This is the first time I have gotten one to bloom again!

9 Likes

9 Likes

I bought some seeds that are perennials, which I didn’t know existed. I am thrilled because they are for things I have never seen as actual plants to purchase. I’m not sure how to plant them, the packets say to direct sow but I don’t know how that would look. My perennial beds are pretty neat/organized with space around each plant, not wild/random if that makes sense. My “plan” (such as it is) was to put a few seeds in a small pot to get them started, thinking that would then get transplanted and grow up to make a nice plant. I could certainly be all wrong though.

What I am used to buying for perennials is like a gallon pot that has a bunch of stems/blooms on it so it’s like a nice full plant. I plant it, it blooms, it might get a bit larger over the years, but not huge. If I direct sow, will I get individual stems from each seed? One tiny seed doesn’t make like a big plant, does it?

Each yarrow plant is a couple feet tall (maybe three) but skinny - think a flower stem, not a bush.

1 Like