Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

11 Likes

Oooh the texture on the pale pink ones :heart_eyes:

1 Like

so cool right? like little pleated skirts!

2 Likes

May I use your photos for painting practice?

of course! i have been painting from them too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i’d love to see whatever you end up doing

Oooh resurrect the art thread? I’m sure we have one around here somewhere!

1 Like

This is on my desk today.

13 Likes

Fall flowers are my absolute favorite! Here are goldenrod and asters in a prairie nearby.

14 Likes

Lovely! And is that echinacia in your user picture?

Yes, it is echinacea! I still have a few in bloom but mostly the goldfinches have ripped off the petals at this point.

1 Like

14 Likes

The flowers are so pretty but i also love the pattern on your vase

5 Likes

How did you all get so good at arranging flowers? Is there a how-to YouTuber I can follow? I mean I know there is but I’m asking because I don’t want to do the legwork of finding them :laughing:

5 Likes

Me, always :joy:

4 Likes

The snapdragons I so frivolously planted that I didn’t even remember doing it. They are spectacular :tada:

14 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!

Ooooh, that milk glass vase!

2 Likes

It’s a reproduction! But I love it!

2 Likes

My cosmos finally are blooming!

(The purple ones. The yellow ones are sunchokes)

11 Likes

i meant to respond to this but forgot! i really like you can’t eat the grass’s channel – they have some videos on arranging.

i think the biggest things i’ve learned are:

1. filler/greenery. it makes bouquets look so much more intentional and full.

2. vessel choice. a few flowers floating around in a big vase can look haphazard but the same flowers filling up a smaller vase looks much more luxe. sometimes if i dont have enough flowers to fill a vase, i arrange the flowers, then rubberband or tie them with twine so the arrangement stays tight and doesn’t flop out into the empty vase space.

3. range of sizes and textures. don’t get me wrong, i love a vase full of one kind of flower (especially snapdragons my true love). but just like in an outfit or a room design, it feels more layered when you have different textures and scales of flowers and foliage all playing together.

4. colors – there’s a lot of ways to put colors together but i tend to like arrangements that are in one family of colors. like all punchy brights, or all pastels, or a bunch of shades of pink and orange. i’m not drawn to complimentary color schemes like bright purple + yellow but i do like lavender with softer yellows. it’s good to play around and discover your preferences.

ok my novella is complete!!

7 Likes