![]()
oooh!! i spy cosmos, zinnias, a daisy, and is that yarrow? phlox? i want them all ![]()
Ha. All correct plus a couple others for funsies! It’s getting a little limited here. Dianthus, one snapdragon, snowball bush flowers (are they called snowballs? Lol) Allium and Ammi Dara. Most of my phlox flowers are really large and won’t work with the other small ones.
Wow!
california flowers!!! so weird and beautiful, it’s all dr seuss-y out there!
Bird of paradise
One of my favorites.
A little monarch baby visiting my volunteer sunflowers! The polinators have been all over these guys lately.
This little craft might be up some folks’ alley!
https://readingmytealeaves.com/2022/08/make-your-own-flower-frog.html
That was not what i thought it would be
i will try one soon though, what a great idea!
I put some zinnia seeds in recent too and they popped up after the rain today ![]()
![]()
I planted both scarlet and lavender streamer sweet peas but these seem to be not quite either based on the pictures. So far only one plant has flowered. I’m interested to see what the rest look like.
I was watching a video from a seed supplier that mentions “sturdy, straight stems” on some plants that I grew this year. Mine are not strong or straight, they are kind of skinny. If you look at the picture in the post above, the dark pink Cosmos flower droops, as does the Dara. This has been normal for a few of my plants. For next year should I use plant food? I did not do that this year. Perhaps I planted them too close and they did not get the sun they would have liked? They don’t make as nice of a bouquet when they droop…
gorgeous!














