Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

Sorry for the poor quality, but the hike I went on today had a ton of blooming Camas Lilies and it was gorgeous!

6 Likes

Oh dangit what are these called again

1 Like

Rhododendron

1 Like

Here’s some pics of my great-aunt’s garden. Dad had to tie up part of her rose tree to support it.

6 Likes

Roses, wisteria, and rhododendron. My backyard is legit a fairy wonderland right now.

9 Likes

My American wisteria is being showy right now:

And the roses are starting to bloom next door

8 Likes

It’s finally Spring at my house!

7 Likes

One of my irises has bloomed and it’s white!

8 Likes

Very nice! One of my iris stems snapped off while I was trying to stake it upright, so I brought it inside and put it in a vase. I’ve been enjoying white irises in my kitchen all week.

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

Wildflowers:

Moss blooming:

Blackberries in every stage from bud to tiny berry:

5 Likes

Do you know what the first plant is? The leaves look similar to anemone (windflower), but the flower is not familiar. The second photo is Penstemon digitalis, yes?

My blackberries are thinking about making flowers, but definitely no baby berries yet here, some distance north of you.

Found on my walk at lunchtime.

7 Likes

I wish I did know about the first. It forms small green flowers first, then the flowers take on the color you see. For scale, the flower is only about a centimeter across.

On the second, yes, Penstemon spp., definitely. I might have guessed P. hirsutus or P. pallidus, but I’m no expert.

Those blackberries with the tiny berries are on a steep south facing slope, but we do have blooms everywhere, so I’d guess, yes, south of you. Or maybe lower elevation. We have blooms everywhere in the valley, but not yet on the mountaintop.

Well, my blackberries wanted to make a liar out of me. The first flower opened yesterday.

And I’m at all of 200 ft elevation, so I think the lateness is latitude-related.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Public garden in Paris.

9 Likes

Oh là là.

1 Like

I took these photos a week or so ago, but forgot to post them.

Here in my neighborhood the azaleas and dogwoods have given way to peonies and roses. I only have photos of the peonies, though.

8 Likes