Flowers!

Apparently O violacea is threatened or endangered in five states! (!!!) So you have a pretty cool plant there.

(We have TONS of oxalis here, though most of it is O. pes-caprae)

1 Like

I saw that when I looked it up (the USDA plants database is my friend)

2 Likes

Portland Rose garden

6 Likes

I want to snuggle it so hard.

3 Likes

Exciting update: found two Trillium decumbens in bloom up by our barn. I’ve been looking for them for years; I knew they should be on this property, but I’ve never seen them here before.

Picture at this post above:

3 Likes

It is too early yet for flowers here at 7k feet, so here are some high alpine beauties from last summer, on the solstice at sunset. Whenever I get tired of Winter (that happened a lot this year) I just look through photos of wildflowers in the alpine and remember that snow=amazing flowers.

and some more beauties, with a furry marmot friend.

5 Likes

Wisteria from last night.

7 Likes

Easter flowers

Azaleas and dogwood are ubiquitous in this neighborhood

I found some native azaleas (like what rural posted earlier) in a small (1 acre) nature area.

I have no idea what this tree is:

These are the first bearded irises I’ve seen blooming this year:

Not a flower, but just as colorful: a black swallowtail

7 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

I was taking pictures of those tulips the other day! I was caught by someone who lived there while I was crouched over them with my giant camera.

2 Likes

Hahahaha excellent. They’re so pretty though!

Saw these as I was leaving work this afternoon.

7 Likes

The backyard rhododendron is starting to pop!

7 Likes

Fuzzy fuzzy prarie crocus.

9 Likes

This is our beautiful lilac tree! We just bought the house last summer so had no idea what color it would be until now.

11 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

We bought a house this year. I am regularly surprised by the plants when they flower. I was not expecting the hibiscus to be this colour.

8 Likes

I love these sort of garden surprises!

I’ve been in my house a long time, but I still get surprises because I plant things and then forget what I’ve planted.

2 Likes