Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

Apparently O violacea is threatened or endangered in five states! (!!!) So you have a pretty cool plant there.

(We have TONS of oxalis here, though most of it is O. pes-caprae)

1 Like

I saw that when I looked it up (the USDA plants database is my friend)

2 Likes

Portland Rose garden

7 Likes

I want to snuggle it so hard.

3 Likes

Exciting update: found two Trillium decumbens in bloom up by our barn. I’ve been looking for them for years; I knew they should be on this property, but I’ve never seen them here before.

Picture at this post above:

4 Likes

It is too early yet for flowers here at 7k feet, so here are some high alpine beauties from last summer, on the solstice at sunset. Whenever I get tired of Winter (that happened a lot this year) I just look through photos of wildflowers in the alpine and remember that snow=amazing flowers.

and some more beauties, with a furry marmot friend.

6 Likes

Wisteria from last night.

8 Likes

Easter flowers

Azaleas and dogwood are ubiquitous in this neighborhood

I found some native azaleas (like what rural posted earlier) in a small (1 acre) nature area.

I have no idea what this tree is:

These are the first bearded irises I’ve seen blooming this year:

Not a flower, but just as colorful: a black swallowtail

8 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

I was taking pictures of those tulips the other day! I was caught by someone who lived there while I was crouched over them with my giant camera.

2 Likes

Hahahaha excellent. They’re so pretty though!

Saw these as I was leaving work this afternoon.

7 Likes

The backyard rhododendron is starting to pop!

7 Likes

Fuzzy fuzzy prarie crocus.

10 Likes

This is our beautiful lilac tree! We just bought the house last summer so had no idea what color it would be until now.

13 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

We bought a house this year. I am regularly surprised by the plants when they flower. I was not expecting the hibiscus to be this colour.

8 Likes

I love these sort of garden surprises!

I’ve been in my house a long time, but I still get surprises because I plant things and then forget what I’ve planted.

2 Likes