Flowers! 🌺 🌷 🌸 🌹

i’m honestly not sure what the little purple ones are! it’s one of the seeds in the mix i got. maybe bluebells?

i wanted to share – my favorite youtube flower farmers are making the most GORGEOUS bouquets lately! i could watch this all day tbh: Attempting The Impossible (For A 💐Farmer) - YouTube

4 Likes

7 Likes

i love those lime zinnias, and the wine-colored ones with the green bottoms. are those queen lime reds? i have some queen lime blush out there but they havent bloomed yet.

I bought the standard lime ones as well as red, blush, and orange versions. There’s probably one of each in that bouquet, they all look different. I’m not sure which is red and which is blush. They just started blooming. And when I got home from work a few minutes ago I see that 3 of the stems have been chomped off at the ground. I assume it was rabbits. :cry:

4 Likes

I can’t get over the color of my lillies!

11 Likes

every day i look forward to opening this thread!

here’s what i found in my flower patch this morning:

17 Likes

About how many of each variety do you plant? I think I did too many of each thing and need more variety next year. Of course that means fewer of each because of limited space. I’m already finding things I want to get.

3 Likes

last year i think i did 8 kinds of zinnias, 4 kinds of cosmos, and 1 kind of snapdragon (chantilly!)

this year i seeded a 3’ x 15’ bed with the cut flower mix im always on about. i started 8? kinds of snapdragons in trays of 12 but not all of them made it – i have about 20 plants in grow bags now (3-ish plants per bag).

i also direct sowed 10-ish varieties of zinnias, 4-6 kinds of cosmos, and 2 kinds of basil in grow bags. and i think i have 10 dahlias in grow bags. and a few random things like yarrow and gomphrena (which aren’t doing great).

i’ve been able to pick a few zinnias so far, and everything else is from the cut flower mix bed. i should have some snappies and more zinnias and cosmos in the next few weeks.

i had a hard spring and started everything later than i wanted but :woman_shrugging:t2: i still have flowers!

oh and i just bought some more of the annual baby’s breath variety and some calendula. since they are all only 50 days to maturity, i should be able to plant and harvest a lot more this season.

4 Likes

12 Likes

I just got this cute vase, but I’m not sure I’m using it “correctly” if there is such a thing. The online pictures were more like a single stem in each vase. I think I like what I did, but it’s very different than my normal arrangements. Thoughts?

16 Likes

I really like what you did!!

3 Likes

Hello! I walked past some gorgeous flowers on my way to dinner tonight.

15 Likes

i love that! your arrangements look beautiful! i bet you’ll have fun trying lots of different things in there.

4 Likes

If that’s wrong, I don’t wanna be right! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Tiger lilies!

2 Likes

Have you watched the Floret summer mini course videos? I have them in my email but haven’t watched yet. Too late to be much help this year, but hopefully I will learn something for the future.

1 Like

The name makes so much sense! I showed them to my partner and tldr now we have purchased some bulbs for the fall. :laughing:

The other lilies in our yard are doing well.

9 Likes

i started to! but i got bored :joy:

today’s offering:

16 Likes

So pretty!

1 Like

I love how all their faces are turned in different directions so no matter your perspective, this is sure to be lovely!!

4 Likes