• Find final home for things in hallway
  • Max out Roth IRA

December-specific:

• Finish sweater for Mom this is in serious progress
  • Finish socks/slippers for Dad
  • Make candies for everyone else for holidays
  • Get started on candidate year doing followup
  • Send holiday cards started this, oof

I’m working on the December-specific stuff. Guys, the holidays take a lot of time. I need two weeks off before the holidays to prep and then two weeks off after them to recover…

7 Likes

I am a candy factory

14 Likes

Yum - what are they?

1 Like

I realised there were many more small steps in each of my GYST items so now I’ve listed them out and I printed the documents I need for each item.

6 Likes

Dark chocolate dipped candied orange slices and marshmallows! Some are peppermint marshmallows dipped in chocolate. Would make for fun hot cocoa toppings I think!

7 Likes

My spouse loves the chocolate covered peppermint marshmallows from Trader Joe’s - they have already sold out, so we missed out this year. Fortunately he also loves the chocolate covered regular marshmallows too.

Your candy looks great.

3 Likes

UPDATE: Roth Conversion submitted - should be executed by the end of the day.
Other Bonus items - “charitable” giving done (Wikipedia, Khan Academy, Public Radio). Other donations done earlier this year.

1 Like

DONE!!! Donety done done!

I’m a little bit happy to have this off my plate. It’s been on there for a year.

7 Likes

What does your skin care spreadsheet look like?

2 Likes

Week 1 Check-In: I didn’t finish my fiction writing sample when I said I would. I’ve put in a lot of time working on it, and I’m pretty frustrated that it’s at 5000 words but still only 18.5 pages long (when it should be at 20). It still needs a lot of polishing, but I have to walk away and do something else for a while.

All of the easy form-filling parts of the apps are done. I haven’t even tried writing my personal statements yet, and I’m avoiding checking to see if my letters of recommendation have been uploaded.

I’ve submitted my first three applications! The last one (decided against two other schools I was considering because of reasons) is due on February 1st, so I have a lot of breathing room to make my last application even better :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s an airtable! i stole it from here and turned it into a mini database with airtable:

1 Like

Oh man I’m so proud of me! I called the department of transport and the helpful person on the other end fixed all my address woes, sent me a link for online access and now I can go in on Friday and order my replacement licence!

7 Likes

Week two check in time is over! Now begins week three check in.

All of you are kicking ass and I am proud of you.

7 Likes

Week 2 Update

Open

1. Call OHP one more time to confirm eligibility question :new:
  2. Claim lost money (update: need to mail claim docs for 1, retake check pics for deposit on 2)
  3. Make cheat sheet for Beyond Beautiful
  4. Change Sprint autopay to REI card ?? need to research phone protection plans
  5. Email contact from old job
  6. Update address w/ Amex - first find blue cash card?
  7. send in rebate for waterpik
  8. B12 supplement

On Hold

1. Uhhh finish 2018 state taxes
  2. OH SHIT contribute to an IRA!!! I forgot I haven’t done that yet.
  3. Figure out the best way to liquidate $6,000 for a Roth contribution…
  4. Figure out NYE in Seattle plans - events not listed yet
  5. Make decision on old pension (need to understand tax/MCD elig hit)
  6. Sign up for TD card bonus - website doesn’t work
  7. set up autopay on REI on next manual payment - need to wait until Jan
  8. Call BoA to confirm sign up bonus for Amtrak card
  9. Planet Granite: Free week trial - not a priority, may not have time in Dec
  10. 24 Hr Fitness: Free 3 day trial - not a priority, may not have time in Dec
  11. Pay rent with Plastiq for Amtrak bonus (donations handled it)

Completed

1. Call Kaiser about blood test follow up, schedule appointments
  2. Find out about family medical history, p1
  3. Change to $2/mo Hulu plan/pause existing
  4. Make texts make noises
  5. Call HSA provider about login. AHHH I’ve been getting monthly fees since leaving my old job! I need to roll this over to an individual HSA provider that doesn’t charge fees… Does that exist? (Update: opened new account AND submitted transfer request paperwork)
  6. Submit Equifax claim
  7. Set up autopay for Amtrak cc
  8. Pay 1st Amtrak bill manually
  9. Make g voice emails auto archive again - filter stopped working (update: turned off “override filter” setting)
  10. Check REI autopay (checked, called, got fee waived)
  11. Figure out old pension details (will be getting benefits package in the mail)
  12. Sign up for 2020 health plan - after 2 hours on the phone, finally confirmed I don’t need to do anything…
  13. Order stuff . Waterpik, phone case, reusable pads
  14. Update Google search settings
  15. Buy return ticket from Seattle (bonus points won’t hit in time) :new:
  16. Pass on clothes through BN/swap :new:
  17. Get Blues volunteer position (saw guy in person) :new:
  18. Email VG and donate remics :white_check_mark:
2 Likes

Just come to our NYE thing instead. so easy. events already been listed. costs $0 - portland transit is free on NYE. :wink:

3 Likes

2nd Update

Not much accomplished since I last checked in:

Send paperwork for French nationality:

• Notarize my birth certificate and police record at my country of origin embassy
  • Fill the form and sign it with MG stating that we’re still living together :recycle:
  • Request a new marriage certificate :white_check_mark:
  • Collect all the papers and mail them

Something else to add to my Christmas break. I need to go to the ambassy.

Finalize Christmas / EOY shopping:

• Finalize the kids shopping (online) :white_check_mark:
  • Buy a Christmas gift for BabyGeek :white_check_mark:
  • Go to the outlet shop to buy a dress for myself
  • Make my hair et BG’s or make appointment with hair stylist

I need to make an appointment with the hair stylist and I’ll go shopping during the Cristmas break.

Make plans for 2020:

• Send paperwork for reduced work time (4/5)
  • Update resume in French and English
  • Send 10 job applications
  • Plan 2 informational interviews for future career change :white_check_mark:
  • Have a list of goals for 2020 :white_check_mark:
  • Make a plan for travels in 2020 :white_check_mark:

I’ve made a list of goals in my journal for 2020. Just reviewed them.

Finalize paperwork for the kids’ savings :

• Fill the forms to automate BG account and one-off investment for LG :white_check_mark:
  • Have MG sign them.:white_check_mark:
  • Mail them :white_check_mark:

Send medical bills for reimbursement:

• Fill the form for the OBGYN bill :white_check_mark:
  • Reply to insurance mail requesting bills for my glasses :white_check_mark:
  • Fill the form for LG’s glasses :white_check_mark:
  • Mails LG and my forms to the social security office :white_check_mark:
1 Like
  1. Student loan stuff :white_check_mark:
  2. Grant work turned in :white_check_mark:
  3. Husband’s LinkedIn, CV, and resume :white_check_mark:
  4. “Hit by bus” book Not even touched yet
  5. Rewards card gotten/ property tax paid, minimum spend net :white_check_mark:
  6. 2020 budget planning not even started yet
1 Like

uh oh. 2. will have to wait for the new year because I’m leaving today, and I can’t imagine fitting in a trip to goodwill during my work day when I also have to unpack, re-pack, do laundry, and wrap all the gifts. Might be for the best, anyway - I usually have renewed vigor in the new year!

at least all the gift prep is done!

1 Like

I realize there’s only 11 days left in the month, so I hope it’s not too late to join. I’m off the week of Jan 1st before getting back on the road on the 6th, so I’m counting that week for my own challenge purposes too anyway. Here’s my current status of things I have done and still need to do:

Goals

• Publish a video every week of December
    • :white_check_mark: Dec 3
    • :white_check_mark: Dec 10
    • :white_check_mark: Dec 17
    • :black_square_button: Dec 23
    • :black_square_button: Dec 30
  • :white_check_mark: Launch new community events website
  • :white_check_mark: Clean my desk and organize office
  • :black_square_button: Catch up on business accounting for 3 Quickbooks files since August (ugh)
  • :black_square_button: Finish filing all work expense reports (also behind since August)
  • :black_square_button: Updates to client website (that I have owed him since August, noticing a theme here?)
  • :black_square_button: Garage remodel (thread)
3 Likes
  • Student loan stuff :white_check_mark:
  • Grant work turned in :white_check_mark:
  • Husband’s LinkedIn, CV, and resume :white_check_mark:
  • “Hit by bus” book - Home copy done! Need to match it to the copy in the safe deposit box, but can’t get there until Monday when the bank opens.:construction_worker_woman:
  • Rewards card gotten/ property tax paid, minimum spend net :white_check_mark:
  • 2020 budget planning - Mentioned it to him, started looking into what it would take to replace the tractor in case his current repairs don’t hold, considering what else we need to keep cash/investments not in retirement funds on hand for (summer expenses, potential vehicle replacement, veterinary). Checking our various accounts :construction_worker_woman:
2 Likes