Critical Role Campaign 3 Watch Thread

OMG EXANDRIA UNLIMITED WAS CANNON!!! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH

Alright, I talk a big game, but I am falling asleep! The rest shall be watched tomorrow~

If folks keep watching, someone text me about Travis. I hope he shows up soon.

Wait are you telling me Ponder doesn’t have to watch this live and could watch it later if I need him??! Hmmmmmmm dangerous knowledge. I watched one of the ads (is there more than one? I watched one, anyway). Very funny. I was amused. Ponder wins the timezone wars because it’s Friday morning so he watches while working.

1 Like

Travis showed up! @Rodeo

There are VOD on demand for Twitch subscribers (can use monthly free Prime subscription to keep from having to pay if have Amazon Prime). It also is on YouTube on Mondays.

2 Likes

Half asleep must abandon

1 Like

Lol, I love that we all abandoned this in 90 minutes, sleep is too precious!! Maybe we should have an east coast watch party at a different time on a different day? That way we have some hope of getting through it?

2 Likes

I just saw the bat signal at 7:28 AM EDT. So I may have missed the boat :rofl:

3 Likes

Oops, missed it! <3

1 Like

It’s recorded :slight_smile: I didn’t finish it. Gonna go watch it today while finishing up my last work day

Do you know how long it takes to become publicly available? Looks like it’s behind a (small, $4) paywall to watch now? But I know older episodes are all on their YouTube channel.

2 Likes

It’s available on Youtube on Mondays for free usually! The podcast goes up a week later.

2 Likes

I’m down for watching Episode 2 on Monday 11/1 :slight_smile:

Oh I just got the prime stuff set up. Can do it on Fridays then?

If you have Amazon Prime, you get a free monthly sub that you have to reactivate every month. That’s what I do when I want to watch an episode sooner than Monday on YouTube.

2 Likes

I saw the mention of Prime. I do not have Prime :sweat_smile: It’s one of those things I occasionally do have, but having it all the time lends itself to too many impulse purchases! And I have too many damn monthly services already… we currently have Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ (got 1 year for $69 and then another free year from Verizon), Paramount+ (got 1 year for $49), HBO Max (got 6 months at $7.50/month). :grimacing:

3 Likes

FINALLY watching. One minute in and I can’t stop smiling, I didn’t realize how much I’d missed them. Also dang the new set and production value!

JFC who gave Sam a green screen, lmao.

2 Likes

Yeah I know she originally picked Keyleth to be like that because she was kind of new to things, but then she ended up being stuck with Keyleth for years and years. I’m really glad she was able to do Beau and that one time that she got all

was amazing.

I am curious if the early episodes characters are going to annoy me, that happens to me when starting some beefy campaigns/books. The characters need to grow over time but that inherently means they have to grow from something.

2 Likes

When are people usually watching? I usually watch Tuesday mornings in the background at work or occasionally Monday afternoon/evening (east coast US). I use someone else’s Prime account so I can’t use that for the Twitch thing cause I don’t remember their password.

Also, theories?

Travis/Bell theory

I saw a random comment conjecturing that Travis wasn’t super fond of Bell and will probably have him as a short term character that gets killed off, then roll another character later. I think that’s interesting, regardless of how Travis actually feels about Bell - might be a handy way to help Matt initiate a plot with a known character and then once the party kind of gels he can maybe fill in a gap or see what strikes his fancy. I know in C2 he switched classes (and accents!) so maybe he wanted to pave an easier way to do that this time. Or maybe he does want to have fun playing Bell, he definitely was having fun with it in the first episode!

2 Likes

I’m going to watch Friday morning I think! @Rodeo was saying she was watching over weekend. @neovonretorch did you ever manage to watch?