Covid-19 discussion

I hate how many contracts he has out there. It’s not supposed to be his “territory” most of the time, but everyone also in his role is much older, so he’s being sent on everything requiring travel since he’s lower risk. :sob: luckily there hasn’t been a ton of work for their company period, and he’s salary, so I really can’t complain too much! Could be a lot worse.

8 Likes

I was going to suggest flying for the same reason. Less risk of accident along the way at a time when you do not want to use emergency services/hospitalization.

Also - the seasonal weather for the drive is not in his favor, so increased risk of weather-related accident or even delay beyond the long trip itself.

7 Likes

Ooooh that’s a point. Especially since he’d probably come back night after, rather than stay a second night. I would worry about frozen passes for SURE.

(We did just replace our tires at least, but why push our luck?)

3 Likes

My experience is that when I choose not to drive, it’s sunny and dry. When I choose to drive, there is a blizzard/whiteout at the top of the mountain pass.

10 Likes

Ohhhhhh yeah I didn’t notice the location he’d be going to. Eff driving the passes.

Although if he drove the river then up at Biggs and through Blewett Pass, my mom will 100% leave him a tupperware full of sandwiches on their doorstep :laughing:

(not even kidding. She has for so many of my acquaintances after concerts lol)

7 Likes

Haha I will keep this in mind! He makes the trip way more frequently than i would like :joy:

Eta I think he normally crosses at Umatilla? Not sure.

3 Likes

Here we GO!

HCW should get shots beginning next week.

15 Likes

I’m still laughing about this, by the way. WHY IS THIS SO TRUE? :rofl:

2 Likes

I think the objection was more to people sitting at the airport bars and drinking alcohol with no masks on when bars are not open here. I agree that people have to eat!

1 Like

My friend’s dad just died of covid. :frowning:

18 Likes

Ahhhhhh that is terrible.

Tris, I am so sorry.

The only dentist in the county south of us just died of Covid.

13 Likes

Lord this is when I miss the emoji reacts. I want to send the :heart:s to you and everyone in your area with the little heart button but I definitely don’t like this.

11 Likes

My condolences.

1 Like

Thanks, guys - I didn’t actually know his dad but obviously it totally sucks for my friend, who is not going to travel out west for a funeral as he is high risk himself.

It’s just creeping closer and closer to my inner circle, you know?

9 Likes

It’s still hard.

1 Like

Yup, I feel the same. The number of people I have known that have been hospitalized, my uncle dying, half my family in NY/NJ getting it.

Sorry it’s tough. It feels like it is closing in.

4 Likes

My sister and I did trips to Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker and all the freeway and national park rest stops we went to had lots of sanitizer available. Not sure Eastern WA would be the same, but I think our state is comparatively good compared to others.

I would drive.

2 Likes

I’m not worried about the sanitizer, I’m worried about the airborne/GI flush factor. That worries me substantially more than surface transmission.

Eta we travel with lots of our own hand sanitizer too, that’s never a limiting concern.

4 Likes