šŸ—’ Clean Slate September: Challenge (Sep 1 - 30)

Week One:
Three walks. Week started on Monday, bad news Wednesday, out of town Friday-Monday.

I may need to switch up my goal. Air quality isnā€™t bad where Iā€™m at yet, but we are getting emergency warnings.

5 Likes

My week 1 (Sep 1-7) check in: one success of two goals.

Success! I had some lazy days last week, but thanks to this goal I went for a four mile walk Monday evening and ended the week at 310 minutes.

I have scheduled activities 3 days in week 2 (one kayaking (already done) and 2 swimming) which should total 165 minutes, so I still need to plan the other half of my movement for the week. Probably some bicycling and maybe a walk.

Not a success. I didnā€™t think Iā€™d get to 5 last week since I started a day late (so only 6 days to work with), but I think I only had two days where I did a whole hour of work and two more days where I did work but not enough to count. I have some resources now I didnā€™t have then, though, so no excuses for week 2!

4 Likes

looks at what I said I would do to see if I can get out of exercising today.

Huzzah, makinā€™ today a day off!

7 Likes

Week 1 Report: Hit my goal!

I said Iā€™d spend a minimum of 2.5 hours per week on the project. This week, I spent 2.75 hours on the project. Yay.

7 Likes

I have completely failed at my ONE goal of a proper production schedule this week because my state is on fucking fire.

Next week maybe we will be less on fire.

8 Likes

Iā€™m uhā€¦going to reassess my goals this weekend. Weeks 1 and 2 are a bust because like @anomalily, my state is on fire. And so is my brain.

5 Likes

So accurate.

Honestly just following who and what is safe and who needs to evacuate could be a full time job. The pacific northwest is a really small place and most of us have friends and fam in many pockets, so even when one place is safe, one is still concerned about folks in other places. I also have two friends out ā€œon fireā€ (meaning firefighting). I never here from them when theyā€™re out working because theyā€™re usually doing 12-15 hour days but ugh.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh yes. I keep checking in with my asthmatic brother who lives in Vancouver and my dad whoā€™s in danger from a fire burning down a forest that I love and I might lose my childhood home? And all the rad friends here who are experiencing this shit too. And potentially having my dad stay on my couch in my 1 bedroom apartment (which would drive me batty but that doesnā€™t matter because life and death) and and and

5 Likes

So if I hit three hours last week on move prep it was because Iā€™m counting shopping for move supplies with Charrin in there. She has been packing super intensely but she hasnā€™t moved in 15 years so itā€™s a very different experience in her apartment. Over in mine, a lot of my stuff is still binned or contained from my last move 11 months ago, plus Iā€™ve moved five times in the last five years so there has been a lot of decluttering. I probably do have some documents needing shredding from the interim.

However, this week I got all the utilities set up for post-closing on Monday. We should have internet in the new house set up by Wednesday if the cable modem gets here quickly. Sunday is final walkthrough, and weā€™ll have the keys by midday Monday for starting on moving hobby/misc stuff.

5 Likes

All I will say to reassure you is that the forest will be fine, it is made for fires. It will come back in a new and more colorful way.

4 Likes

Itā€™s true, and I do love seeing secondary succession in action.

4 Likes

Super super good ritual + short meditation this morning. UNF. It is so good to have time during my day literally devoted to keeping my head screwed on straight and keeping me in balance.

Keeping up my schedule for it, and who knew ā€“ it turned out that actually committing to a practice is a good thingā€¦

6 Likes

Week 2: I logged one hour of CPE (webinar and logged it in the work tracking system). Unlike last week, I did not wait until the 11th hour on Saturday night.

6 Likes

Week 2: Still logging all the foods on Myfitnesspalā€¦ :slight_smile: Although today will undoubtedly be a blowout because I stocked up this morning and have since eaten all the things.

And on the second point: With four days to go, I have managed to not go overdrawn/bounce anything. Which means barring a massive mishap, I think I should make it. Shifted my tiny little bit of savings around to try and make sure everything goes smoothly (which is not something I would have done prior to finding OMD/this challenge).

I also cancelled my existing FFXIV subscription to change it to a monthly, instead of 3 monthly one, and Iā€™ll pick it up again after the 17th so that it goes out after, not before, the money comes in. Onwards! Thereā€™s hope, thereā€™s lifeā€¦! :heart: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

6 meals away from screen. This will be much easier once I have a kitchen table again.

Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll swap desks on Wednesday or Thursday, painting depending.

4 Likes

I shouldā€™ve set a goal of hours spent working on the accreditation documents rather than sections edited. Itā€™s going to take a lot longer than I thought it because I have to chase down 500 different people to get tiny incremental bits of information that probably should have been kept somewhere centrally in the first place but werenā€™t. But I did in the neighborhood of 10 hours of work on this, which is enough to call it a win for the week

3 Likes

I give up, just like I did with last monthā€™s challenge haha. This is clearly not a sustainable method of motivation for me, unfortunately.

5 Likes

I have not done well this last week, only meditated twice

3 Likes

This week has been overall a success. I havenā€™t eaten the diet I would consider to be ideal, but Iā€™ve continued to track on the Ate app, Iā€™ve avoided a lot of things I was eating regularly that are pretty darn high cholesterol, and to be honest I had such an intense work and pet sitting schedule this past week (and through this coming Thursday) that Iā€™ve resorted to some pre-Covid grab and go meal habits that arenā€™t the worst nutritionally but also arenā€™t as on point as bringing brown rice beans and veggies to work! Iā€™ll call it a success given the circumstances, and itā€™s definitely an improvement from habits from last month.

5 Likes

Iā€™m throwing in the towel on this one.

5 Likes