Budgetober challenge is back!

I have so much to do in November that I would really benefit from just chatting to people while I get stuff done on my work days, because I have no co-workers

7 Likes

Noodling Along November?

4 Likes

Could go even farther - No Rules November. :3

6 Likes

I like that.

2 Likes

Okay I made a challenge:

8 Likes

I quite like this.

I think my thing for November will be to keep a lot of stuff I got done. I am only allowed to write down what I actually did.

5 Likes

Week 4 Check-In

This did not end up being $20 - more like $70! Oh well, now I know!

Been budgeting regularly in the month of October. This past week I was able to go off budget but still keep up my YNAB transactions and assigned my dollars to their accurate spending. This was a big step for me! Not perfect, but accurate budgeting is the name of the game.

Looking forward to trying on November’s challenge. I need to pay my car registration this month and help with a baby shower so here’s to learning new things about budgeting!

Rue

7 Likes

I didn’t end up posting weekly updates. We probably came close to 100 (I think I budgeted 300, but too much scrolling to find it) on updates to our tiny bedroom. We probably spent another 50 or so dollars on the bunny’s room.

• New sheet set is purchased. Hubs purchased this, so I don’t know what the cost was, just that it was definitely under $100.
  • Frames were repainted on artwork, $5 for spray paint.
  • Artwork moved around, free
  • Moved bedroom lamp to living room, free Love love love it there! Lamp from giveaway pile is now in the bedroom.
  • Swapped 12 inch wide table next to bed with slightly smaller 8 inch wide table next to my workspace in living room. I’m very happy with how the living room looks! I don’t love the smaller space next to my side of the bed, but I do appreciate more space on hubs’ side to get to the dresser and closet. free.
  • I recently acquired a lamp from my parents’ house. They were no longer using it. It belonged to my grandmother. It looks and functions great in our bedroom! Free!

Fails: The giant ceiling fan is still in place, but it looks slightly better now that the blades are flipped. With two lamps instead of just one, we have less of a need to turn on the bright fan lights. We decided to wait until “after covid” to replace the ceiling fan because I get nervous with our old wiring.

9 Likes

Well done, team!

Badges have been awarded. As ever, if I missed you please tell me. I promise it wasn’t intentional.

15 Likes

I AM A BUDGET WITCH

I CAN HAVE NO HIGHER AMBITION IN LIFE

(still going for any badge I can possibly acquire, of course)

13 Likes
Goals
Studying 2 hours/day
Duolingo 30 min./day
Yoga 30 min./day
Water Bill $100
Last Week Check-in
Studying 4 hour(s) 14 min.
Duolingo 3 hour(s) 31 min.
Yoga 1 hour(s) 49 min.
Water Bill 100/100 :partying_face:
7 Likes

Please fill this out for sticker mailing - Mailing will happen this Sunday, November 8th!

5 Likes

Oh no, did I miss it? I didn’t see the post before Sunday (and can’t fill it out now because Google Docs doesn’t work at work).

1 Like

It already got mailed, but I think I might’ve included budget ghosties in yours (I mailed september stickers at the same time, super on top of it lol) anyway because I knew you had done the challenge - I can’t remember, let me know when they show up if you got budget ghosties.

3 Likes

Will do! :heart: :ghost:

2 Likes

I got a holographic Kitty Starbudget, a flying ace, and a kitty with a box of toys, but no ghostie :sob:

2 Likes

Ahhh darn. Are you doing this month’s challenge? I’ll add your ghostie to November’s package if so!

3 Likes

I am! Good deal :+1:t2:

1 Like

I was also late, but I’m also in for November if I could get that ghostie after all :ghost:

3 Likes

Oh no there is no way I can keep track of that in my head for a month- for November I will put a checkbox for ghosties for those that didn’t get it this month but finished!

5 Likes