Create-Your-Own Adventure November Challenge: Stickers Deadline!

This is a challenge for November 2020.

There will be a badge every week for doing the thing, but you have to pick the thing. That is all.

Check-ins are on Sunday, local time for you!

The badges will be themed whatever I and/or @Smacky want.

21 Likes

My November Challenge is to keep a “done it” list. Kind of the opposite of a to-do list. I’m only allowed to write down what I actually got done, and I want to practice during down to fill it in every evening.

14 Likes

Even though I said I didn’t want to do a challenge this month, I actually am already: I’m back to tracking my non-day job time again.

I feel off the wagon in late September and I particularly want to know how much time the following things take up:

• Applying to grad school
  • Stretching
  • Duolingo, now that I’m learning a new language
  • Drama from my old job
14 Likes

I just started a self-paced programming course so I’d like to make steady progress throughout November to get into the habit! I want to get in at least 10 sessions during the month of November. :nerd_face: :open_book:

10 Likes

I will engage in a self-care activity daily and record in my (paper) journal what I did. I’ll also try to note how effective each activity was and maybe by the end of the month have a short list of things that work for me.

10 Likes

Mine is a declutter challenge for myself. I have three weekends at home in November so im aiming for three areas of my house

• wardrobe
  • shed
  • junk draw/cupboard
11 Likes

I’m getting back on the fitness wagon. 3x/week, do something. Walking. Jogging. Beat saber. Yoga. Lift dumbells. Something

Day1: Walked 2.6mi roundtrip with Human to get flu shots!

13 Likes

I created a weekly schedule last week, and so far it’s been helping me sort out my sleep time and work times a little bit (I can go very off-piste with both quite easily), so I’d like to keep using that each week, and see how far it gets me. Onwards… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sigh.

1. I want to do an hour of exercise (ideally get back to walking in the morning and getting my step count back up).
  2. 30 min a day on any given house project.

And these can be increased if a day gets missed due to life getting in the way, because you know it will.

I feel like I should have a sword and a fancy hat in this pursuit due to the title.

10 Likes

My goals for November are:

• Duolingo every day
  • Stretching every day
  • An actual yoga video at least once per week
7 Likes

Goals are as minimal spend as possible (excepting completely charity and gift mostly-planned spending), and trying to get a few things fixed up/sold off without buying a bunch of stuff to make them just that little bit better. Although I’m not as concerned about the selling part since the holidays are next month and they’ll likely move more easily then.

6 Likes

November Goals

• Keep tracking my finances through YNAB
  • Figure our why the translation from one moth to another is throwing me off. I think I put money towards future bills, but then found out I had to pay others? I’m going to look into this more.
  • Going with the flow and making a budget for things like car registration, baby showers, Christmas presents, and Thanksgiving food.

We’ll see how this month goes!

Rue

7 Likes

My goals for November are:

• Get set up at my new job
  • Get the house up to a livable level of cleanliness
  • Draw up a rough budget to adjust for sudden income
    • Get Savings accounts roughly set up (doesn’t have to be perfect, has to be there)
    • Donate the money I’ve allocated to charity to the charities I want

And Bonus Points:

• Complete Habitica ADHD decluttering challenge
  • Donate extra clutter to charity
  • Take stock of possessions (and document them)
6 Likes

I’m gonna not drink alcohol. The end.

16 Likes
  1. Do marketing final (this is kind of a gimmie. I mean, I’m not going to NOT do it. But I’ve been putting it off like crazy, so I’ll feel good to actually get it done.)
  2. Schedule 4 youtube videos during the month.
  3. No missed doses of medicine
9 Likes

Can I use NaNoWriMo? I want badges but it’s NaNo month so I don’t think I have time for anything else.

14 Likes

I don’t see why not! It’s definitely a challenge.

9 Likes

12 Likes

I, also, will be doing NaNoWriMo and that shall be my Challenge of the month.

I want forum badges

12 Likes

Three goals as challenge for November:

3 times / week sport session (personal training, rehab sports class, video based …)
max. 250 Euro budget groceries
no work on weekends

I am looking for badges :grin:

10 Likes