Budgetober challenge is back!

Final for the month:

Office 4/5 Stayed in HomeOffice this week due to exploding numbers of covid in the country

Groceries: €270 / €250 Got no groceries this week but took an opportunity to do a run at my favourite drugstore (new big store of my favourite chain with an empty parking lot) I am done at least until February with detergents, paper products, etc…

Eating out: €120/ €50 Stayed as is was, no take out this week. Dinner for today(and 3 more helping to go into the freezer) is already in the oven.

Splurges: €55 / €50 stayed the same

I am happy overall with the month spending.

8 Likes

Final update:

• Credit card category: 1072.53
  • Family Fun & Festivals category: 34.09 :white_check_mark:
  • Stupid Work Stuff category: 4.01 :white_check_mark:
  • Babysitting category: :white_check_mark:
  • Business category: :white_check_mark:

I guess the credit card category didn’t do anything weird this month. Or maybe I just spent too much to be able to tell…

4 Likes

I SIMPLY DIDN’T SPEND ANY MONEY THIS WEEK

Also I got my Purrbon tea in the mail, which was nice.

17 Likes

Update: End of Month

Rent $‎ 2,303.00
Charity $‎ 718.65
Transportation $‎ 569.25
For Others $‎ 423.44
Groceries $‎ 330.83
Fun $‎ 176.07
Eating Out $‎ 86.39
Utilities $‎ 69.06
Personal Care $‎ 39.00
Mess Bill $‎ 31.65
Misc $‎ 0.99

The Wants were:

1. Vimeo subscription
  2. Commissioned some cool art
  3. Bought cool art
  4. Restaurant, x4
  5. Book + audio
  6. Music subscription

I also bought $$$ liquor for a friend, $$ birthday present for a wife, and $ donuts for my crew. Mostly, my money goes to other people, and my wants, though continually vexatious to categorize, seem contained (ish). *shrug*

5 Likes

What will the November challenge be?

2 Likes

I think we are skipping November just because, November is well, a lot.

I personally need “Less reading news November”

13 Likes

I like it: a thread titled as such with zero responses the whole month.

6 Likes

We could just post cute baby animal pictures all month.

6 Likes

My final check-in in the form of a chart!

(Full expense report here: http://anomalily.net/october-2020/)

10 Likes

What about “No ______ November”?

Someone mentioned no alcohol November in their journal and no news November was of course mentioned here…

Yours anomalily could be No Running A Challenge November :slight_smile:

Unless a challenge thread gone feral (i.e. without badges) is the opposite of helpful for people’s goals.

5 Likes

I’m glad you clarified that, because I don’t think there’s a challenge thread that hasn’t gone feral in some form lol :sweat_smile:

I do like the idea of “No ______ November"!

8 Likes

I like that idea! But I have no idea what I would do for it :flushed: I have zero intentions of giving up any of my vices.

3 Likes

Don’t Die November.

14 Likes

Forgot to do my final week update for October. $529.16/400 for groceries (includes gift card purchase that will also cover some of November’s groceries)
Everything else fell into sinking funds, we didn’t have any big purchases in October this year.

5 Likes

A good one, but it has also been every month this year.

4 Likes

Mine’s going to end up being a (mostly) no spend November…have a few things to get fixed up and sold and hoping the holidays will be good for that but I need to remember to not go buy the parts to make things easier if I don’t actually have to.

2 Likes

No Austerity November, clearly.

5 Likes

Apparently that’s every month for me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Pretty! I like it… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Mine is nothing like as numbersy (obvs), but I did both of the things I set out to do. And again I did not go overdrawn. If I can keep this up, there really is a bit of hope.

Thank you October. Now: Onwards! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

[quote=“LadyDuck, post:298, topic:2456”]

Week 4
Yeah I think I did OK. Getting Ponder time to sit down and look at our money and budget was hard, but we had some good talks about needing to move away from me doing everything, and towards us supporting him getting his stuff in order.

7 Likes