Art Making Club

I did. I had it open on my phone right next to my sketch paper.

2 Likes

Quick sketch of my sister from the weekend- I drew the first eye looking rather concerned, so then had to try to convince her to be grumpy again to do the other!

7 Likes

This looks lovely!

1 Like

Here’s a mug I brought home to work on. I’m going to fire, then rub black into the lines and dots and wipe the rest of the surface clear a bit unevenly. I think it’s going to be pretty cool. I also apparently make giant handles. I shape them then kind of stick my hand in and see before cutting down to size but they keep ending up massive! But better than tiny imo.

7 Likes

I love big mugs and big handles. Years ago H accidentally broke my garage sale find of a giant, perfectly shaped coffee mug and we spent an absurdly long time at the store finding a suitable replacement. I’m excited to see how this turns out, what you described sounds lovely!!

3 Likes

Something slightly different this week - I’ve started “growing a garden” made of flyers that come through the door on the frosted window that looks onto the street of our house.

7 Likes

Hehehe. This would make me happy. :slight_smile:
A+ customizing your space for yourself.

Going to post this for a hot minute because I finished it and submitted for a $1k contest and I’M DONE. Removal soon.

6 Likes

CONGRATS and also it’s beautiful.

Was that digital work?

1 Like

Thanks. :). No time for real paint unfortunately.

1 Like

A glaze firing happened this week.

Tapas plates. There’s something funky with the black slip so it’s not what I imagined but I actually don’t mind the streakiness.

A mug. Not perfect but cute. The base has some cracks in the blue so I won’t gift it but it is much nicer than my current work mug so that’s probably where it will end up. And I thought it looked so big when it was green!

And my spider plant pot. This also shrunk so much. The plastic pot is too tall for it, and the babies hang too far down, but the concept works. This glaze usually turns out matte, but I think I put it in super thick unintentionally and now it’s like a mirror ball with legs. I now want to make a set of mirror black sculptural spike balls.

13 Likes

It all looks SUPER GOOD

1 Like

You were not kidding about the mirror - that’s so cool.

Also spider plants :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

I harvested 7 new babies off of ExLandlady’s mother plant yesterday to bring to work. I may do some macrame plant holders for them since flat surfaces are at a premium.

4 Likes

Hello babies!

I did some sketching today. One capsicum and one strawberry flower.

4 Likes

I am working lately to do art FOR FUNZIES. Projects are good and all, but also just drawing whatever the fuck I want.
Two recent doodles:

6 Likes

Your fruity insect dudes make me happy.

1 Like

So the creepy little teeth reliquary I’m making is … progressing…
8D

Painted and sculpted over balsa wood box. Teeth are painted with acrylic (might fuss with the background teeth more. Not sure I love the final look). Sculpted teeth are still drying, but I’m going to paint them a bit. Add some staining and whiter crowns. :3
It will, of course, close. The outside is pretty cool looking too.

8 Likes

I’ve made a decision about this teeth reliquary. I’m going to paint over the acrylic flat teeth and make the background flat black. Then I’m going to pin/nail the finished teeth up against it so they are suspended against the back wall of the box like pinned butterflies.
8D
Maximum creepy plz and thx.

5 Likes

I made this painting, which I was really happy with. Unfortunately, my housemate was painting after me and now it has splatters of red on- at some point I will try to recover it but for now I’m holding on to the one photo I took.

10 Likes