Art Making Club

Oooh, it looks very classy!

This feels so calming to me, I love it

I made fan art! I also did warm up sketching beforehand, now that I’ve learnt what they are & how to do them (thanks Pinterest + Tumblr!) It feels great to be improving my skills instead of hopefully waving a pencil at the paper.

6 Likes

Good job!! :tada:

1 Like

I feel like this needs reviving!

Quick watercolour card for my mums birthday

15 Likes

ah shit this thread DOES need reviving.
I love it! It’s so cheery and stained glass feeling. :smiley:

4 Likes

I love this thread!

A small contribution (chopsticks holder):

6 Likes

KITTY!
It’s great! Did you glaze and fire it?

2 Likes

Yes, I modelled the clay by hand, created the glaze from powdered ingredients (following a recipe of course) and glazed it (does it make sense? I need to learn the proper vocabulary in English, help!).
I am new to ceramics but I really enjoy learning ^^

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense! It’s lovely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for reviving: I hadn’t seen this thread before, and I’ve started occasionally drawing again so maybe I’ll have time to contribute soon.

Also, your watercolor is lovely. I am slightly afraid of watercolor, though I loved it as a kid, and find it a really impressive medium!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see your drawings!

I get what you mean on watercolour being tricky - I’m happy using it for illustration type things where I can just do blocks of colour, but there’s a huge dark art in making realistic looking textures that I have never got the hang of!

4 Likes

Biscuit!
(one of my first attempts at modelling by hand)

Not decided on the enamel yet…

9 Likes

The results of yesterday’s Lino cutting experiments!

11 Likes

Wow this is great!

1 Like

Love it!!

I made this quick wave-ish acrylic whilst I was trying not to move my back this afternoon

7 Likes

:smiley: I feel like a surfer, looking at that!

1 Like

Used a pen that didn’t work well for lettering today, but tossed this together for my mum:

11 Likes

It’s beautiful!

1 Like