"Add it Up August" Challenge: tracking the thing you should do

Books: 4/5
Tomatoes: 10/15

1 Like

Lower than I’d like since I sporked my leg, but still got some stuff done

General activity time: 590 minutes (walks, hiking, moving things around in the garage)
Training Time: 787 minutes
Training volume : 229,600 pounds
Protein Intake: 6560g
Grocery Spend: $838.55

2 Likes

How the heck do you get that much protein?? What are you eating??

1 Like

Hahaha… yeah. So, I tend to eat 3-3.5 pounds of meat a day. A small amount of rice or potatoes, and a ton of veggies. I also have the same breakfast every day, 6 scrambled eggs and 1 piece of bacon.

It’s a little more extreme than is my preferred way of eating, and there are days where I only manage 250g of protein because I made enchiladas or something, but it’s worth it to not go insane.

This is why I shop at a restaurant supply store LOL

2 Likes

That makes way more sense! I have been tracking my intake and even with a protein smoothie (30 grams) I am only breaking 100-120g/day. I can see how that many eggs and 3-3.5lbs of meat would greatly increase the intake :smiley:

1 Like

@brute, you’re like a non awful Gaston!

3 Likes

Its true! I like to think of myself as somewhere between him and Dr. Horrible.

ETA: I also dearly want a dogue de bordeaux named Gaston.

3 Likes

So I did five pushups today. I did not go through anywhere near a large enough range of motion. But I did something instead of being discouraged and doing nothing. Going to continue doing my half-pushups my way because for a week I pouted and did nothing. Something is better than nothing, and I was definitely getting stronger with this particular something earlier.

9 Likes
Weeks 1 and 2

[quote=“Crow, post:102, topic:2260, full:true”]

Week 2 (8/8 - 8/14) result: 406 minutes.

I’d reached my weekly stretch goal by Monday, then added a bike ride today. This was the end of easy mode, though. I have a big deadline this week which will keep me in front of my screen far too long if I don’t prioritize movement.

Week 3 (8/15 to 8/21): 382 minutes
This was my first week not on easy mode. I had two days (Sun-Mon) with zero intentional movement, so then I felt behind all week. After mowing the yard today (55 min), I was still 3 min short of my weekly goal. Fortunately, biking some errands (and making wrong turns, adding about a mile to the trip) this evening got me past my stretch goal.

3 Likes

578 minutes CCO
584 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

Once I get started on home projects I usually enjoy it. I just have a hard time getting started.

3 Likes

Gaston diet mixed with the Beast and Belle for personality

3 Likes

We missed doing a budget check in last week because husband was feeling sick. This week’s budget update features ramen instead of bagels, because we had some spinach that needed to get eaten. But ramen is basically bagels?

5 Likes

Week 3

• Yardwork: 19 hours (yardwork was a part-time job this week)
  • Dollars Spent on Groceries: $72 (did not do a store shop this week, only farmer’s market and dairy)
3 Likes

Week 3: I exercised four times, the goal is three. I’ve decided to include mowing. I have a push electric mower and it takes me an hour of miserable, sweaty work. Surely that’s exercise?

Pushups: 6/7 days. Not perfect, but pretty good.

5 Likes

I also included my 55 minutes of push electric mowering. I got just as sweaty as walking or biking, so why not?

3 Likes

641 minutes CCO
842 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

Is there a way to see how many minutes I’ve spent on OMD this month? I suspect I’m way over 930 minutes there.

Also, I underestimated how long my home projects would take. I’d picked three to work on. I probably won’t even finish the first one in the allotted 930 minutes.

4 Likes

Books: 5/5
Tomatoes: 11/15

I met my goal, which I thought was a little bit of a stretch, and I still want to read more and faster. I have 2 books out from the library and 12 (yes, a dozen) more on hold!

3 Likes

52.8 miles run, 4 workouts for Woody, 3 City Fit Girls workouts for me.

About 2.5 more hours of Les Miserables, and it’s a much easier to follow part now. Did Duolingo daily, but not as many lessons as previous weeks.

2 Likes

I harvested and ate 4 cherry tomatoes and 1 scallion today. I also am trying to pickle 1 cucumber I grew and a bunch from the farmers market. I didn’t really follow the recipe so we’ll see if it work’s

Last week I ate 8 cherry tomatoes.

2 Likes

Last week:
Weekday lunches: 5/5
Datacamp lessons: 0 - I may have drastically overscheduled myself by taking 3 demanding classes this semester, so I don’t know how much more progress I’m going to make on this until December. :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes