"Add it Up August" Challenge: tracking the thing you should do

Books: 5/5
Tomatoes: 12/15

And… dare I say it… this bite didn’t taste bad?!

9 Likes

SUCCESS

4 Likes

Forgot to update at the start of the week, I’m at 25/27 as of yesterday for getting a walk in each day.

6 Likes

I should have set a goal to whine about something every day.

9 Likes

Books: 5/5
Tomatoes: 13/15

This one did taste bad :confused:

3 Likes

733 minutes CCO
926 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

2 Likes

General activity time: 720 minutes
Training Time: 962 minutes
Training volume : 278400 pounds
Protein Intake: 8795 g
Grocery Spend: $1228.61

2 Likes

this was my first month budgeting! (thank you for the welcome anomalily!) and though the month is almost over I want to jump in and say I’ve been lurking all month and y’all are amazing, and also:

Two “add it up” goals:

1. KEEP TRACK OF TAXES (I’m self-employed.) My current plan is to set aside 12% of each check for taxes, so I set up a separate account and just started transferring that amount of each time I get paid, which is sort of at random.

So far I’ve done it three times this month and my “taxes” account is getting big, but I’m still not broke, because I’m not spending beyond my means? this stuff is wild, y’all. Hope I can keep this up!!

1. Learn new recipes and stop ordering food for delivery! Two new recipes so far - pizza and brussel sprout pasta bake, and I haven’t ordered food (though my partner grubhub’d some donuts, I’m trying to get him on board!). I’m also making a lot of dessert, but that’s not really replacing meals. YET!
  • Laser
12 Likes

Did some “add and do” things last weekend after my off weekend. Have to work this weekend so not a lot getting done, but may have more time later in the week. Won’t be August though. This challenge prompted me to deal with at least one thing that has been sitting around (vacuum repair) and not let other one-off but important tasks languish or be procrastinated. :white_check_mark:

Updated List
  • Make super important call 08/24 at 8am to schedule Thing
  • Adopt second kitty friend
  • Clean fans spewing fluffy black things PSA clean your fans, folks!
  • Update password to grad school email acct (due 08/29)
  • Send bday card to friend’s kid.
  • Bday gift for sister (done!)
  • Activiate new CC and update auto-charges (done!)
  • Post things on buy nothing [count: 16]
  • Drop off BN things [count: 0/3]
  • Repost BN things [count: 0/10?]
  • Hem hiking shorts
  • Alter dress (deadline: 9/25)
  • Hang art
  • Hang flower garland
  • Hang string lights
  • Order battery for stick vac (done!)
  • Replace battery in stick vac (paid for)
  • Move stuff from office to storage [count: ]
  • Digitize college papers and recycle
  • Assemble wright flyer model (gift)
  • Wash carpet in high-traffic areas
  • Paint by number
  • Repair old blanket/quilt
  • T-shirt quilt
  • Denim plushies (for pregnant friend?)
CW Dieting

Also, though it wasn’t my initial challenge, I started tracking what I eat about a week in, and so far that’s “added up” to ~3lbs loss, right on reasonable and moderate schedule!

3 Likes

51.6 miles run this week, and 3 city fit girls workouts. Only 3 dog workouts: that’s the one area I really didn’t do as well with as hoped.

Kept up Duolingo streak, though this week was similar lower quantity of lessons to last week. I think I listened to about 3 hours of Les Miserables. A LOT of meditation about convents, which was a bit rough to get through!

I hit my goals for everything except Woody’s exercise sessions, and he still got regular walks in, so this month has been an overall success.

5 Likes

Week 4

• Yardwork: 15 hours
  • Dollars Spent on Groceries: $237

TOTAL (assuming no additions tomorrow):

• Yardwork: 54 hours - oof, average 13.5 hours per week
  • Dollars Spent on Groceries: $497 - oof, if I am buying half (which maybe I am not? not sure), that is averaging $331/person/month

Conclusion: Cheaper than a mortgage, I suppose.

5 Likes

Oh hey look it’s the worst job I’ve ever done reporting back for a challenge :joy: :joy: :joy:

Soooooo I did not make my goal of spending less than $300 - the total was $509.04 :grimacing: When setting my goal for this challenge, I forgot I had wanted to finish stocking up on certain supplies, so that added a bit. Plus I ended up feeding my boyfriend for some breakfasts and lunches in addition to dinners.

On the plus side, my pantry is now all stocked up, and my food tracking spreadsheet is getting filled out. I do feel like the process of recording prices for that has helped me internalize costs better and, to steal @Rhubarbsoda’s excellent terminology, eventually conquer the grocery gremlins that drive my food bills up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We didn’t do budgets and bagels yesterday like we were supposed to. I doubt it will happen today either.

3 Likes

Going into the final day
786 minutes CCO
926 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

4 Likes

This month. Hey, incremental improvement. I’m nowhere near in the kind of shape or activity level I was before lockdown, but I am doing something again. Working my way up to running 10 miles again, about halfway there. Finally got a kettlebell after months of it being impossible to find.

Days active: 21/31
Miles Biked: 39.20 (better than last month, but about 1/6th of a non-covid month…)
Cardio Minutes: 1,053 (17.5 hours) - goal was 1085, so maybe I will do a 30 minute bike ride later :joy:

7 Likes

I did not achieve what I wanted - the dental drama definitely impacted me.

If there is another challenge I need to dial it down to 30 min not 60 min because I get discouraged when I can’t hit a target, and then I just don’t do it. My days get busy with “stuff”.

September is looking better for me health wise and for focus so let’s see what that brings!

7 Likes

I did not do the thing. I did some things, which is more than before, but I have a pervasive case of the dontwannas these days.

5 Likes

I didn’t even pretend I was going to do the things. It’s a good thing too, because I didn’t.

9 Likes

I ended up doing more brush clearing today, 4 hours, so total of 58 hours and average of 14.5 hours per week.

5 Likes

Last week:
Weekday lunches: 3/5
Datacamp lessons: 1

Today:
Lunch - 1/1
Datacamp - 0

Total:
Weekday lunches: 14/21 - I got a D+ in lunch eating wooooooo! (that’s actually way better than it has been, and I have been way less grumpy at the end of the day on the days I have lunch, also sleepier)
Datacamp Lessons - 27 - No baseline for these, just glad I did some. I should keep tracking until the end of the year, since schoolwork has interrupted this

2 Likes