"Add it Up August" Challenge: tracking the thing you should do

I need to add some cooking things because I’m getting tired and reverting to easy. So in the mornings, at least some mornings, I need to put something on- bread, rice, beans, Chicken to shred for later, a crock pot or instantpot . Don’t have to be every morning, so not sure how to quantify. Three days a week maybe?

Also harvest and put up twice a week. More elderberries tomorrow, plus squash and peppers from the garden.

Today I harvested and dehydrated tomatoes.

5 Likes

130 minutes CCO
200 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

3 Likes

Books: 1/5
Tomatoes: 2/15

3 Likes

OK, I got her done this morning. Loaf of bread, 18 elderberry muffins, 3 pounds of chicken cooked and shredded and put up in the freezer along with a quart of broth, 2 pounds of brown rice cooked and put up in the freezer, cowhorn peppers harvested and put up, squash harvested and turned into squash casserole, dishes washed.
This week will be better, food-wise.

Still need to harvest some tomatoes and dehydrate them, and this evening when it’s started to cool off, I need to go forage some more elderberries.

5 Likes

Ok, so far this month I have run 51.2 miles, done 3 City Fit Girls workouts, and Woody has done 5 dogworkouts.

For French I have done Duolingo every day at least a few lessons (usually about 5 I think?), watched all 6 episodes of Le Chalet on Neflix (in French with French closed captioning), and listened to 6 episodes of the podcast Transfert and one of Camille. If anyone has French podcast, movie or TV show recs (movie or TV especially if available free or on Netflix) I’m open to suggestions! Also if you know of any French SciFi/Fantasy novels, including YA that adults might enjoy :slight_smile:

I’ve done pretty well this week! I didn’t intend to set challenging goals, just a little extra motivation/guidelines for things I already was pretty motivated to be doing but might appreciate help for greater consistency.

6 Likes

Went to do my 12 push-ups this afternoon, and the last three or four were incredibly difficult. That pissed me off so I did a 13th just to prove I could.

10 Likes

162 minutes CCO
302 minutes home projects
Goal 930 minutes of each

3 Likes

This weekend I dropped off the vacuum for repair (total cost approached half the cost of the vac, but I think it’s still sound and would like to support the repair infrastructure!)

I also posted 16 items from The Box to BN.

Acquired 2 new to-do list tasks. ETA and did them!

Updated List
  • Update password to grad school email acct (due 08/29)
  • Send bday card to friend’s kid.
  • Bday gift for sister (done!)
  • Activiate new CC and update auto-charges (done!)
  • Post things on buy nothing [count: 16]
  • Hem hiking shorts
  • Alter dress (deadline: 9/25)
  • Hang art
  • Hang flower garland
  • Hang string lights
  • Order battery for stick vac (done!)
  • Replace battery in stick vac (paid for)
  • Move stuff from office to storage [count: ]
  • Digitize college papers and recycle
  • Assemble wright flyer model (gift)
  • Wash carpet in high-traffic areas
  • Paint by number
  • Repair old blanket/quilt
  • T-shirt quilt
  • Denim plushies (for pregnant friend?)
3 Likes

Week 1 update (8/4-8/7)

• Physical activities - 90/780 mins
  • Webinars for HR training - 1/4 hours
  • Reading - (audio and physical books) - 130/400 mins total

Not bad for only 3 days. I haven’t addd in today but I took Puglet on a 90 min walk so that’ll help catagory one out a lot.

3 Likes

first of all, as I’ve said before, addition is fake math. however, here are some of my goals for this month:
-spend 60 hours (total) tidying (tidying specifically b/c i am doing “the life-changing magic of tidying up”)
-catch up on my Goodreads reading goal (12 books behind schedule)
-spend less than $100 on Unnecessary Things (and try to not write any essays about how you Really Needed That Thing)
-complete all the Mini Crossword puzzles for August (31)
-complete at least 7 August full-size crossword puzzles
-keep Duolingo streak
-play ACNH every day

SO FAR:
-Duolingo streak: 13 days
-ACNH: 7/8 days
-tidying: 14 hours
-currently reading: Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones, Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
-spent $5 on MaxFunDrive to listen to more podcasts (will be updated when I sit down and do Budgeting later)
-1/7 full crosswords
-5/31 mini crosswords

7 Likes

Exercise: 5 (3 bike rides, 2 walks), Yay me!
Pushups: 7/7 days

Man, I hate pushups. I’ve scheduled myself to do them as soon as I get up. Sometimes I lay in bed and debate whether my need for coffee trumps my dislike of pushups. I know it’ll be easier by the end of the month.

6 Likes

Several pounds of elderberries collected. But they still have to be processed this afternoon before freezing or drying.

3 Likes

Hello! I hope it’s ok to jump in a week late, since I just joined. I will track the number of weekdays that I eat lunch and the number of Datacamp exercises I finish. So far this month it’s 0 for both.

7 Likes

Nice! Which data camp stuff are you doing? I went through their R and Python data science tracks testing those out to see if they would be good training for my team. I rather like their stuff!

3 Likes

Week 1 (8/1 - 8/7) result: 580 minutes (385 kayak(3x), 195 bike(4x))

I was playing on super easy mode last week, though, with time and motivation to do physical activity every day. And if things go according to plan, I should meet my week two goal by the end of tomorrow (Monday, day 3 of the week). After that, I go back to my house and my old routines and this challenge may be the only thing that gets me out of the house.

4 Likes

Well I have not been successful, only 2 days of exercise. The root canal And it’s after effects have been more than anticipated. However, once I’m feeling better I want to get back on my goals.

5 Likes

Sounds like a good excuse :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The antibiotics make me pretty nauseous and my stomach is really upset. I have moved from bed to couch to bathroom to couch to bed lol. It’s all I can handle today. :nauseated_face:

7 Likes

This thread prompted me to reconcile my weekend spending (add it into my app) this morning. Woot!

6 Likes

I did the second day of the 100 push-up challenge yesterday and I don’t hurt at all! The first day made me so sore I waited an extra rest day between days 1 and 2 so this is a pleasant surprise.

5 Likes