"Add it Up August" Challenge: tracking the thing you should do

I have only done one successful thing and it is the 4th. I need to come up with one fast for today

6 Likes

My non exercise thing to track will be French language study/listening. Mostly Duolingo but likely also some podcasts, audiobooks, TV watching.

All my stuff has been going well so far but I will wait to add up and report until the end of the week. If you want to see how bad my dog is at his exercise, here’s a link to a video on instagram (or you can find me on IG at @trailsmash, it’s currently the most recent video) https://www.instagram.com/p/CDd1XO-j8a1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

3 Likes

I ate some basil yesterday, as well as one strawberry.

Today the tomatoes looked ripe, but they’ve been underwhelming in flavor so I’m going to let them sit on the vine a few more days.

2 Likes

Committing to track spending, because I NEED to get a handle on how much we’re actually spending versus saving. Going to get caught up on August spending to-date today.

6 Likes

Nine pushups this morning, and a lot less trouble with it than the eight yesterday.

7 Likes

I’m going to add a CCO category - 30 minutes of anything related to Cleaning, Cluttering and Organizing per day for a target of 930 minutes for the month.
So far (8/5):

58 minutes CCO
0 minutes of home projects

I need a visit from the motivation fairy.

4 Likes

I’m adding something:

I will try a piece of tomato at least 15 times this month. I can just put it in my mouth and spit it out again–I don’t have to actually eat it.

7 Likes

Ten today. Harder than yesterday’s 9, easier than the day before’s 8.

3 Likes

But why?

1 Like

I’m killing it on the sun thing, and am absolute crap at the physical activity. Anyone want to be workout accountability buddies and send me the Shame nun from GoT whenever I don’t do any activity that day?

Edited: I’m up to like 4 shame nuns for the week.

6 Likes

I want to learn to like them. Life would be easier if there were fewer foods I rejected, and tomatoes are pretty ubiquitous.

Also, I was really hoping that I would be blown away by the pleasant sweetness of a fresh, locally-grown heirloom tomato. Alas. One down, fourteen to go.

6 Likes

88 minutes CCO
200 minutes home projects

Evidently the motivation fairy visited overnight.

2 Likes

do you dislike all tomato? Do you plan for the tomato to have a bit of olive oil and a few grains of salt or some good cheese?

1 Like

I’ve been procrastinating on harvesting my greens and this is where it got me. I have ~8 other plants in the back yard I didn’t get to.

Also yesterday I started pushups and did 19. Now all muscles hurt (mostly stomach).

My Thursday group video hangout bailed so maybe I’ll clean up the piano today finally. Or maybe not.

5 Likes

Days 1-7
Bath and henna
Miss
Miss
Bought expensive shoes
Murdoch mysteries restarted
Fancy new face cream
Asked for help

Total= 5

7 Likes

Yes. My hope is that if I brute-force learn to tolerate plain ol’ tomato then I will be able to eat a wide variety of tomato dishes. I do plan to put it in some salads this weekend (good vegan cheese and maybe some salad dressing, or just lemon juice, will be included).

2 Likes

I also was a historical tomato hater, and I found that it was easiest to start eating tomato that was more heavily spiced or modified. E.g. bruchetta, where the primary thing is the toasted bread & olive oil. Or I would take a cooked salsa, blend it to get rid of the texture, and have it with cheese on top. And then slowly I moved to chopping it up raw quite finely, removing the pulpy seeds and having it in couscous with feta and other vegetables. And then very thinly as a caprese. I still can’t do a wedge like is served in a restaurant salad.

Anyways, an idea if the plain ol’ tomato continues to be a struggle.

ETA: if I was doing it vegan, because I see I included a lot of cheese, I’d probably roast them and blend into a sweet potato and peanut stew with greens, or do a paste with roasted tomato and onions and use that as a base for a coconut curry with potato.

5 Likes

Alright! 1 week down. I know what dinner is tonight, so I’ll just add that in and post away.

General activity time: 205 minutes (walks, hiking, moving things around in the garage)
Training Time: 267 minutes
Training volume : 73640 pounds
Protein Intake: 2080g
Grocery Spend: $309.04

3 Likes

I forgot my push-ups at my usual time this morning, logged in here after way too much meeting, saw this thread, and went and did 11 damn pushups. Done.

9 Likes

Nice! That’s the way to get it done!

3 Likes