30 Days of Yoga with Adrienne 2024

Day 9 is done! This one has some balancing postures.

3 Likes

Late to post, but got Day 7 and 8 done!

3 Likes

Another nap yoga! In earlier years the challenge made me realize I could exercise before work (even while pregnant) and this year it’s selling me on nap exercise.

I actually did like 13 minutes of Jazzercise (a 20 minute class, turned it off when the strength started) to get some extra steps and cardio in, and it was nice to be so much stretchier for a change! My forward fold was amazing :smile:

Balance: I forgot on the first leg that I need to step OFF the mat because I’m on a padded rug and it’s too cushy for good balance that way. (Without the mat, my feet slide too much for things like Downward Facing Dog, so I do need it sometimes and sometimes I need to step off.)

4 Likes

Two days behind, so I did day 7 today.

I’m looking forward to day 9, wondering if I’m still able to do balance poses. I haven’t tried in too long!

3 Likes

Day 9 done. Wow I’m very wobbly :joy:

3 Likes

Day 10 was a little more athletic! I should have eaten less lunch :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Day 10 done! I like “athletic” more than balance :joy:

4 Likes

Day 11 is very stretchy! If you also have cardio in mind for today, maybe do that first so you feel extra bendy!

It was 10F when I woke up at 6:30. BB and I usually run on Fridays but we didn’t know it would be so cold (predicted high is 37F so I expected more like maybe 20?). But we bundled up and did a modified, shorter version of our usual interval run (less running but enough to keep warm) so my muscled were nice and warm!

Cuckoo (age 17 months) had woken up early so she was underfoot during practice while the Boy made her breakfast, but she was shockingly hardly in the way at all. She likes the dog.

3 Likes

I did day 11 this morning and will try to do day 12 this afternoon to catch up. I would have enjoyed it if I didn’t have children screaming and fighting and running to me every 30 seconds to complain. While doing it I had a major moment of truly wishing I never had children. Hopefully the rest of my day gets better.

4 Likes

Lmao y’all i did the first one day before yesterday, the literal warm up, my obliques still feeling it hahaha

6 Likes

I really love the Momma strong workouts because the instructor has 3 kids, toddler to middle school, and the kids are always up her ass when she’s trying to do a literal work out recording for the job hahaha

Feels very normalizing and gives me a sense of solidarity

5 Likes

I did day 12 this morning with baby toddling about again. Our house is just too small for me to demand the space- the Boy was making breakfast and the living room is the only childproof space (and visible from the kitchen) and also the only place for yoga. So, is what it is! But at least when I was done the pancakes were ready! (I had work today so he was nominally in charge of the baby- when I am with baby I do yoga during nap.)

4 Likes

I’ve been yoga-ing but not checking in. I’ve managed to practice every morning since my last check in so I’m still two days behind. (Day 10 today)

Balance went better yesterday than I feared.

4 Likes

I did fit day 12 in this afternoon! Once again children chaos at the same time, but I did it all.

2 Likes

Day 11 and 12 done! Had to work late last night so did catch up today.

I wonder if I can try a session during the day tomorrow - maybe my 4 year old will cooperate if my husband takes the baby?

3 Likes

Did stretchy day 11 this morning. I’m not very stretchy, especially in the cold.

3 Likes

Day 13 is a lot of bicycles for a day called Ease.

3 Likes

I told DH that by “ease” she means, do these core exercises really super slow and controlled, so they are very very hard, and tell yourself you are doing it with ease.

3 Likes

Day 14 done. I really enjoyed this one!

2 Likes

I struggled with Day 14 because I tried to do it while I was in charge of the cuckoo, and after doing some cardio so she was extra impatient. I took a couple of nasty cracks on the head with board books. Well, live and learn!

3 Likes