30 Days of Yoga with Adrienne 2024

It’s that time again! I do yoga almost exclusively during Adriene’s 30 days. Who wants to try it?

People who are setting personal yoga-related goals (eg, pregnant people doing prenatal yoga, people who think 3 days a week would be more realistic, etc.) also welcome of course!

11 Likes

I’m in! My favorite thread of the year!

1 Like

Oooh. I’ll start. Probably won’t finish because once the semester starts back there will be live classes at the college gym, and I much prefer those. But until those happen, I’m in.

3 Likes

I’m traveling for about 3 weeks of January, so I don’t know how I’ll make this happen. But I will try!

4 Likes

Does it start 1/1?

1 Like

6 min intro video and starts for real on the 2nd

3 Likes

I’m in! (other than the days I’m traveling, and the days I have social obligations. So probably only about half the days. But that’s some!)

3 Likes

I watched the Jan 1 intro video! Did you?

2 Likes

I watched the intro video AND vacuumed the rug so when I get down on it tomorrow AM I can concentrate on the yoga and not the dirt! All set!

5 Likes

Ooh, good thinking!

1 Like

I watched the intro video last night! Looking forward to Day 1 today!

1 Like

Nope. Floor way too cold. I’m out.

3 Likes

I’m in! I’ve been feeling like I need a movement reset because I haven’t been moving my body as much after going back to work, and I’m always achy after a weekend.

Watched intro video yesterday and did my foot PT exercises.

2 Likes

Last night: tomorrow I will do Day 1 first thing when I get up.
Today: how is it 2pm? Guess I should actually do that thing.

Now: I did the thing!

Edit: that was harder than I expected. Just shows how much I need it. Is it weird planks were the least difficult thing? My body is not accustomed to bending anymore.

1 Like

I got it done before work this morning! Yikes, am I stiff. Of course I had just woken up and both my body and the house were cold, so there’s that.

Wrist pain might be an issue for me with this challenge but we’ll see how it goes. I’m actually planning to get in touch with my doctor and ask if I can see the orthopedist (2 cortisone shots and PT exercises and still having pain). Other challenge: I wake up stuffy but I can’t do my sinus rinse before yoga!

1 Like

Day 1 is done! I have never had trouble with my wrists before and I had something super weird going on today. My wrists hurt a lot, especially my left one. It felt like a tendon or something was to tight and when we did planks and the bird-dogs at the beginning it was horrible!

2 Likes

Did Day 1.

My feet started falling asleep at the beginning in cross—legged pose, which happens to me more and more these days. Also, I guess I always need a blanket under my knees now?

Other than that, it felt really good to move again. It’s been nearly a year and an 17-lb baby ago that I last did yoga.

3 Likes

Day 2 is done. I actually missed the last minute because I got another work call, but otherwise did it all :slight_smile: Wrists felt much better today!

2 Likes

Got day 2 done at like 2 PM. Not my best time of day but needed to be done during nap as baby woke up early this morning. At least I was more limber! And it helped me shake off the 45 minutes I had been on the phone with the insurance company!

1 Like

Day 2 done late last night.

I’m a little frustrated that between yoga and trying to do my PT exercises in the evening, I’m not going to bed until nearly midnight. I’ve got to find more time in the day to get in my exercise.

3 Likes