30 Days of Yoga with Adriene 2023

I did Day 12 after putting the girls down for their nap and Ry joined me. You don’t even stand up today, but there is a bit of balancing in a lunge that was quite difficult for me.

2 Likes

The lunge thing was harder than I expected! I went into it too confident and almost fell over, lol.

Anyway, I’m caught up. If I do tomorrow’s at like 5am I may even be able to stay caught up :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Day 6 done. Lots of core work, I may come back to this one later on, it was really working the muscles that I need to work on.

2 Likes

Ive fallen behind and missed a few, doing long shifts at work

Will maybe start again

5 Likes

Aaaannnd day 13 done, dark and early! There was some balance stuff today but I was surprised by how competent I felt given how little coffee I’d consumed at that point :rofl:

4 Likes

You can do the slow-plan with me? My goal is three days a week, so I’m only on day seven. If it takes me 2.5 months I’m good with that, it’s already more than I was doing.

7 Likes

I am about where Star is, after taking a few days off for other stuff. So you will have plenty of company!

4 Likes

My goal was three days a week with walks on the in between days, I’ve been accountable to the yoga through posting here, but the walks haven’t been happening. I need to make them a priority next week.

5 Likes

It was tricksy for sure! Those lunge thingies were very counterintuitive.

2 Likes

I’m glad today’s was a stretchy practice. My core program also was a optional ~15 minute stretchy yoga video today, so I feel really good now. Definitely needed that going into this coming week!

4 Likes

It felt like she looked at the calendar and knew it would be Sunday!

3 Likes

I hate the breathing exercises where you have to breathe at a pace someone else is dictating, especially when it involves holding the breath full or empty like in today’s box breathing exercise. I modified to 4 count in, 4 count out rather than including the 4 count holds between and it was more bearable but still not my fave. I like breathing cues, and even like directions like “now sigh it all out” or “take the deepest breath of the day so far” or whatever. But not being told exactly what pace to breathe at while not moving. Oh well, I guess that’s a me problem. Otherwise I really liked the rest of today’s session after the first few minutes!!

5 Likes

Day 7 done!

It seems that I’ve settled into a M - W - F schedule

5 Likes

I quit and feel bad

I will come back when I know my new plan

6 Likes

I also dropped off due to a bout of RSV that threw our entire week into chaos. I think I’ll jump back in with something different in another few days once we get bedtime sorted out abain

6 Likes

I’m late to the party because on the 17th of the month I started with Day 1, but I was traveling previously and thought it would be a good way to get back into regular exercise.

I don’t think I’ll try to fully catch up, so I’ll just happily stay 16 days behind schedule (or more, let’s see how far we get)

8 Likes

Meanwhile the breathing exercise in today’s practice (day 16) was totally fine for me, lol. I think it’s mainly that it was an invitation to change the style of breathing but to go at your own pace to do so.

3 Likes

It will definitely still work! I love that her videos are evergreen- I mean, the Sunday one felt extra relaxing but she doesn’t talk about it being a certain day of the week/time of year/etc. Welcome!

2 Likes

Yes, definitely agree with you BiblioFeroz! I have also done several of the ‘January’ videos of prevous years throughout the year when I felt like it. It was easier to pick one I feel like as it’s usually the only time of the year I went through a series consistently.

Did Day 2 today. Got a little tempted to double up, but as both D2 and D3 were fairly long I decided against it and instead did some planking afterwards.

4 Likes

I think I missed checking in for a few days but I’m still on track! Day 17 done today. I did a peloton strength workout earlier and wanted to skip yoga today but I didn’t.

5 Likes