30 Days of Yoga with Adriene 2023

I did ten minutes of a fifteen minute pilates video. I did feel the burn though! Time allowing maybe I’ll do it again later and try to do the whole video, but even if I don’t I’m counting today as a win. Take the victories where I can get them.

4 Likes

I did day 1 today and will hopefully do 2 tomorrow to catch up!

4 Likes

Day two done! Uninterrupted!

3 Likes

Successfully did day 2 before work this morning. I’ll have more space when we get the Christmas tree down. The children had to be reminded a few times to keep it down but did not complain when I turned off their video to do my yoga. (They like to double-screen.)

3 Likes

Day 2 done! Laid on my side and breathed during supine twists at the end, but looked up a modification for next time.

4 Likes

I’ve done all the days so far! And I added on a different 28 day core focused program yesterday — wtf is wrong with me :sweat_smile:. Tomorrow will be my tightest schedule day so far but Friday morning should have time to catch up if needed. Same for Saturday/Sunday — Saturday is wildly packed, but Sunday I have time to catch up if needed.

3 Likes

Forgot yesterday, but going to be kind to myself and just pick back up with day 3 today.

6 Likes

I did day 2 this morning and plan to catch up and do day 3 this afternoon.

4 Likes

I finally showed up to day 1 of yoga and I hated it. I felt like I was immediately struggling - my arms hurt before we even started downward dog. I found that I was just deeply irritated, finding it annoying that the instructor would talk for like a solid minute about an analogy about how to do something without giving clear verbal instructions about how or when to do it.

I do feel this may be a matter of my shitty mood and terrible strength and flexibility, but Adriene may just not be the instructor I want to use right now.

So yeah I think I’m going to be picking my own yoga sessions to do. I don’t know exactly what’s rubbing me the wrong way but my Sunday session doing Sarah Beth prenatal yoga felt amazing and today just felt like angry, frustrating shit.

I think I also don’t like standing poses as I can’t properly look at the phone and do the pose and do what they want me to with my arms and augh.

I am definitely in a bad mood today.

5 Likes

I’ve definitely had start up issues in the past - I was using the TV in my bedroom but when I laid down on the floor I couldn’t see the screen. I tried putting my mat in a different spot, I tried just using my phone. Eventually I had something that worked okay but it took a bit.

I’m glad you already knows of another yoga instructor that sends like a good fit, Adrienne isn’t for everyone.

3 Likes

Oh no, I haven’t done the thing and it’s already getting dark. Will I miss two out of the first three days? Signs point to it could happen.

2 Likes

missed day 3, went to the gym and then was too tired after.

2 Likes

I would do them in order even if it takes longer than a month- they do kind of build on each other. That’s what I did last year but of course there are no rules!

2 Likes

Day 3 and I’m already feeling kind of sore and challenged! I didn’t quite know what was going on in the early part when we were, like, pressing on our thighs or whatever, but I tried to just roll with it.

@Greyweld - Sarah Beth and I spent LOTS of time together when I was pregnant! I also have a Jazzercise subscription and as soon as I was past my immediate postpartum period, they launched a pregnancy and postpartum collection. Kinda bummed I missed out on it.

4 Likes

I enjoy this series every year and plan to do all of them at some point, but it definitely won’t be 30 days in a row in January. :slight_smile: gotta know one’s limits.

4 Likes

Done! My external rotators and abductors were not thrilled, but hopefully my obliques get to recover from yesterday.

Today almost3 was a puppy, inspired by Benji

2 Likes

Intended to jump in w Adrienne after feeling ok last two days. Shoveling snow many times changed my mind. Phooey. Tomorrow!

3 Likes

I’m probably going to buy the extra Sarah Beth prenatal yoga stuff that is behind a paywall once I get past the scargy 1st tri. I have much improved confidence lately but the idea of investing $ into anything baby or prenatal is still kinda yikes. We’ll see how things are going and how I’m feeling as of my appt in 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Got day 2 in! I am pleased to report that, while I feel like the workouts I was doing last year were Not That Much or Not That Often, they did do a great job keeping muscle on my body, and I didnt have much trouble with all the up and down business. On the other hand, I really need to do some srs wrist mobility work for my right wrist.

2 Likes

Day 3 done. This one felt a lot harder than the first two days, even with lots of modification

1 Like