2022 BINGO! A Choose-Your-Own-Goals challenge.

Update! I’m woking on PT (Hinge Health) and making a lot of progress on books. I’m also VERY close to the savings goal, have a blood donation scheduled, and I’m going to try for the fiddle streak in October.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 8.52.34 PM

4 Likes

Oh, I know at least one person has a bingo so far. Is there a place on this thread to track which rewards people have chosen? I offered a couple things and I want to make sure I’m on top of it if anyone picks those things. Thanks!

2 Likes

I thought we had one but I have NO IDEA where it went??? Am I misremembering that and it was last year?

Haven’t seen anyone actually claim a prize - I try to nag them about it and then tag the provider of the chosen prize but people have been stubbornly in it just for the fun.

3 Likes

FYI

2 Likes

Ahhh spo ADHD predictably struck. I remember thinking at the beginning of the year “I can handle this this year!”

She did not handle it

3 Likes

I have BINGO although there are still some things I would like to complete.

Completed BINGO:

• Digitized savings bonds. Man this one was hanging over my head for YEARS! Treasury Direct still needs to finish their work, but there is nothing more for me to do. Total relief!
  • Bullet journaled daily in January and have mostly kept up since then!
  • Free
  • Attended family zoom at least 24 times. I guess I attend more weeks than not.
  • Finished building and installing doors for a client’s shelves. Very pleased with outcome although have since learned that the client moved and the shelves don’t fit in her new home. Bummer!

Other Completed Tasks:

• Learn new skill at Maker space. Have done a couple-- learned their CNC Router (different than the one I knew how to use before) and learned bookbinding.
  • PF exercises 5X per week for one month.
  • Volunteer at least 12 times. This became much easier to achieve once I agreed to do a volunteer task weekly. Will beat this number by A LOT!
  • Make plant table for client. Finished and delivered!

In Progress:

• Attend six birdwatching events: 3 of 6 complete. It’s been harder than I thought due to rained out events and schedule conflicts.
  • List 5 items with Buy Nothing Group. 4 of 5 complete (I got rid of several other items through a plant group and I’m not counting those but I may overturn that decision if needed. Not doing so now because I’m in the mood to say goodbye to clutter!)
  • Reach out to 1 friend per month.6 of 12 completed although I may have done better than this but forgotten to track.
  • I hope to make October my “buy nothing new” month.
  • I have started tracking headaches, but am not going to count that until I’m more consistent at it.

Potentially modifying:

• I’m not sure if I want to spend the money on a laptop yet. Still pondering. Potential black Friday purchase? Or may put off and change this goal to something else.

ALSO: I expressed potentially being able to offer a prize. I’m not ready to do so but I really want to!

2 Likes

No worries! I’ll keep an eye out for a post or a tag :smiling_face:

• PT for hip - I think I’ll start off just intentionally finding some yoga videos and see how that goes before pursuing PT.
  • Regular exercise - I don’t have specifics for this but I think that’s okay. Right now I’m going to a class twice a week and trying to move my body in some way 5-6 days a week (class, walking more than 5k steps, or other miscellaneous physical exertion if there’s something else I do that doesn’t get me 5k steps somehow). BUT! If sleep was crap I get a pass. Sleep > exercise, and there’s only so many hours in the day. This is a balance I’m good with and it’s more than I had been doing.
  • Resilience course - this was done through my work and I guess it wrapped up sooner than I thought? Since that’s something outside of my control I’m considering if I want to swap in something else there, but considering how long it took me just to get all the squares filled out in the first place who knows.
  • Read 12 books we own - I really thought this would be a softball goal but it turns out the pandemic shifted me to reading ebooks and now the thought of having to carry a book all over the house in addition to my phone is annoying. I did give myself credit for rereading a book we own as an ebook. :woman_shrugging:
  • Short stories - uh, I guess NaNoWriMo is next month so I can try to make it a thing then?
4 Likes

BINGO!

9 Likes

I am feeling pretty pumped here. I made a conscious effort this month to put projects on my bingo cards into my planner for action. So happy I did! I finally have a BINGO! See notes below…

Hubby decided sometime this summer (?) to set aside Tuesday as cleaning day. I kept quiet to see if he would stick with it. He did. As it’s laundry day too, we’re usually home (though we do tend to run errands that day) . At any rate, he’s set it as our regular cleaning day. And that gives me a bingo!

Walking with my walking buddy or hubby every day it’s decent.

A lady at a crafting group offered to help me figure out how to knit socks that fit me. I have a pair started. I am at the heel and don’t know what to do next.

I only have a few files to go through on my desktop and transfer to my Lenovo. Seriously, I just need to do it already!

Appliqué quilt top is about a week’s work, max.

I’m thinking of taking December and working on the backlog of nature journaling classes I have.

I may not sew Christmas linens this year. I have enough.

The cushion cover will be remade in December.

No problem reading a book a month. I keep forgetting to update the count in that square.

I have only 7 more craft videos/DVDs to watch! I watch a lot of those and, once again, have not been keeping proper count.

I have 1/2 box of fibre spun - mostly an alpaca/wool mix.

I will not have time for the fish wall hanging.

I can’t believe this is filled with colour and no bingo yet?! Mostly the improper setting up of my website has meant I do not have the capability to run online classes.

I am way behind in my hooked rug series. It probably won’t be finished until spring now. But it was a self-imposed deadline. I did, however, get all the patterns drawn and on backing.

The green rug is half repaired! Yay! I will finish it this coming week.

I am re-thinking producing an email newsletter. To meet legal requirements they apparently require a street address and phone number on them. Due to my recent scam experience, I am very reluctant to advertise either.

I’m way behind in the dyeing video department.

That’s it! ETA: finished repairing the antique green rug yesterday, so I have another bingo! :grin:

2 Likes

Big congrats to everyone who has really stuck with things! That’s amazing! I am proud of you!

I am not showing my bingo card because I was a complete wreck this last year but I am VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL

7 Likes

Thank-you! I did much better than I anticipated, considering the number of false starts I had. I think if i had stuck to my original bingo card I wouldn’t have accomplished as much. It revolved around convincing Hubby he needed to do things! If 42 years of marriage taught me one thing, it’s that you can’t make someone else do what you want, and have a healthy relationship.

2 Likes

Intense gazelle focus on bingo card activities. Here they are to date…

I’ll make notes on them later. Nothing has changed substantially. Though I’ll be through the dyeing videos well before December.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this will show up, or not; I made it! Given my dehoarding emphasis these days, I do NOT want any stuff, stickers, or whatever. Thank you anyway…

3 Likes

I did pretty well, considering. I have a lot to work on in December. Plus some for next year I think.

I think walk daily is unrealistic in this climate, and too vague. Next year it’s going to be exercise daily. I can do that indoors/outdoors. Including set up that upper body workout I never got around to this year.

Knitting socks may or may not happen. I hate knitting socks. Life is too short. I only started them because I love wearing home knit wool socks! Maybe I will just buy superwash wool socks.

I am almost finished transferring computer files. I just have to set a aside time to do it.

I have the appliqué quilt top in the queue to be pieced before the New Year.

I may give INJW (International Nature Journalling Week and Wild Wonder (a nature journaling conference) a pass. I want to rewatch the Wild Wonder classes and get as many notes from them as I can. I only have access until the end of February.

I started sewing Christmas linens after all. I wasn’t going to, but then needed a fireplace mantel runner. So sewed one up quickly one day. I think I’ll sew a few smaller pieces for end tables.

I actually came close to finishing Digital Minimalism this month, but had a hard time. I use the Internet so much for connecting with others since Covid. The book is old now and predates a lot of the newer apps that allow face-to-face conversation. I’m thinking the problem isn’t cell phones and the internet in general…it’s the people using the technology and how they choose to use it! That is precisely the author’s viewpoint too.

Still in the process of spinning yarn for rug hooking. Haven’t done much this month. Hope to do more soon. Decided not to renew my spinning guild membership. I’m not using it. And I don’t have time to read books from the library.

The Quilted Fish wall hanging will be put off indefinitely. It is a negative reminder of a relationship situation I have no control over. No need to have it around…no matter how beautiful it is.

Red represents stuff that didn’t happen, for whatever reason.

The online course thing is really bugging me. I paid $1500CAD for what is essentially a non-functioning website. I started a Ko-fi site to counteract it and am getting a few members, but not many yet. I’m trying it for one year and possibly switching to Patreon. We’ll see.

I’m moving the 3D rug to 2023.

I will finish my current rug series in 2023, and write a magazine article about it then.

I’m already starting work on my 2023 BINGO card. This is a good way to force me to restrict and focus on a few key projects or areas of my life. Thank-you whoever thought this thread up! :heart:

3 Likes

Hi all! I’ll update my bingo card soon (I’m one square away from like 4 different bingos but haven’t hit one yet), but I wanted to revise my prize offerings if possible?

I’d said I could offer a 500 word ficlet (your prompt but no hard smut) from a selection of fandoms and also an embroidered towel. Well, I’m a little off my embroidery game the last few months but very on top of my writing game! I’m willing to offer two of the ficlets if anyone is interested?

Fandom options: Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock), Good Omens, Supernatural, Our Flag Means Death, and some Marvel pairings (ask me). I’ve also written a lot for some lesser known fandoms, in case y’all have the same obsessions: Old Guard, Starless Sea, or Raven Boys.

I can’t promise perfect prose, but I can promise well-edited grammar and fluffy angst if that’s your jam.

Ended the year with a bingo, but got no where near a lot of my goals

6 Likes

16/24 goals isn’t bad! No bingo though. A lot of the remaining stuff I got partially done, but not fully.

5 Likes

I did pretty good, but bit off more than I could chew. Still, this is a lot better than the years past, when I had goals list 8-10 pages long…point form!

In 2023 I’m going to take some time to seriously think about what I want to achieve, and just have one bingo goal card.

2 Likes

Closing out 2022’s bingo as I start to work on the card for 2023. I really need to actually finish some of my house projects (although the storage cleanout is at least in progress)

3 Likes