2022 BINGO! A Choose-Your-Own-Goals challenge.

No bingos this year but got some things done I guess.

I still want to next year complete the outdoor improvement activities and home improvements, but possibly with money and not under my own power.

Turns out I had no legitimate interest in a lot of these.

3 Likes

No bingo either, bit of a fail in my organisation plans but guess I’ll move them to 2023

Checking in with my final 2022 BINGO card. I completed 13 out of 24 tasks and I came super close on a few others. Overall, I feel great about my progress!

Completed BINGO:

• Digitized savings bonds. Man this one was hanging over my head for YEARS! Total relief!
  • Bullet journaled daily in January and have mostly kept up since then!
  • Free
  • Attended family zoom at least 24 times. I guess I attend more weeks than not.
  • Finished building and installing doors for a client’s shelves. Very pleased with outcome although have since learned that the client moved and the shelves don’t fit in her new home. Bummer!

Other Completed Tasks:

• Stay under budget: I didn’t specify timeframe for this, so as I result I made it for the year. Successfully accomplished!
  • Buy nothing new for 1+ month. I did this in October and then I suspect I spent more in November than I would have otherwise. I’m not sure it was a worthy goal as a result.
  • Make plant stand. I ended up making about 15!!! I sold some but others look great in my apartment with plants.
  • Track headaches: I started using the Migraine Buddy app to do this and I have figured out a couple more things about my triggers.
  • Repair dining chairs: the chairs look great! I repaired them, then I painted them and reupholstered the seats.
  • Learn new skill at Maker space. Have done a couple-- learned their CNC Router (different than the one I knew how to use before) and learned bookbinding.
  • PF exercises 5X per week for one month.
  • Volunteer at least 12 times. This became much easier to achieve once I agreed to do a volunteer task weekly. Will beat this number by A LOT!
  • Make plant table for client. Finished and delivered!

Progress Made:

• Attend six birdwatching events: 5 of 6 complete. It was harder than I expected due to rained out events and lots of schedule conflicts.
  • List 5 items with Buy Nothing Group. 4 of 5 complete (I got rid of enough stuff that I probably should have just counted this as complete, but it felt like cheating).
  • Reach out to 1 friend per month. 7 of 12 completed although I found this one difficult to track and I suspect I actually did better than this.
6 Likes

I love the idea of setting goals for yourself and tracking your progress like this.

2 Likes

There’s a 2023 thread if you want to join in! Or just follow along as others do their own bingo cards.

Also, hi, welcome!

2 Likes