2021 BINGO - A choose-your-own-goals challenge

Finished a couple new things this month, and a couple more are in the works and (should) finish next month as well:

2 Likes

I filled in a few squares, and made progress on some. But I am feeling very behind, and will need to do a do-over because I am staring a new job next week and my leave balance will go down to zero, so no holiday to Christmas Island :frowning: But I will review later in the year.

4 Likes

Slightly late monthly BINGO update since sibling visit was actually in progress on June 30th. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actual bingo board has not changed since May, but here’s my…

Excessive amount of detail

12 witchy nonfiction books: Goal 50% \ Actual 50% - on track
12 books by BIPOC authors: Goal 50% \ Actual 58.33% - ahead
6 books by queer authors: Goal 50% \ Actual 83.33% - ahead
6 indie published books: Goal 50% \ Actual 66.66% - ahead
15 walks/hikes in the park: Goal 53.33% - Actual 33.33% - behind
Write 12 letters to elected officials: Goal 50% \ Actual 41.66% - behind
Tarot card and/or Womanrune for each month: Goal 50% \ Actual 50% - on track
Complete 3 embroidery projects: Goal 33.33% \ Actual 33.33% - on track
Add 3 more stretches: Goal 33.33% \ Actual 100% - ahead/complete
Finish 3 knitting WIPs: Goal 33.33% \ Actual 33.33% - on track
Prepare big boy bed - Goal 93.33% \ Actual 46.66% - behind

1 Like

Bingo Update:

And technically someone (if you combine me, the neighbor who cat-sat for me while I was out of town, and the squirrel on the TC complaints thread) has hit the 6 edible things threshold from my garden as well, but I’m holding out until I’ve hit 6 items myself.

5 Likes

I was a fool to put four pull-ups on here— but I’ve technically finished the EarthSea books! I just have the short stories to go, and I’m waiting to finish them before I mark the box.

Screenshot (45)

5 Likes

I struggle so hard with posting the bingo card. Slash I’m lazy.

BUT:
I’m at 20 of my 25 book goal.
My grandma died a couple days ago, and I didn’t do the phone calls cuz she was totally deaf shortly after the new year, but I did have one call and see her in person twice so I’ll count it.
I did go back to the RE
I am at more than 350 foods tried by latte (100 additional ones, done)
Passed 400 hours outside. Won’t hit the full 1000, but 500 was my realistic goal so we should hit that one easily.

5 Likes

Hello all - dropping in to say please tag @anomalily when you hit any goals so we can get you your forum badge!

:rotating_light:When you hit your goal, fill in this form and you will have your glorious sticker mailed

5 Likes

Wow, it’s been a slice since I updated…behold, the new shinies!

Progress since last time:

• donated $500 to charity
  • hiked 10 mi in one go
  • got covid vaccine (in…March? I think? what is time)
  • cook 40 new recipes
  • read a book in French
  • read 11 books (but yeahhhhh I’m way behind on this goal lol)

Getting close to a few BINGOs but wow I need to set some more low-hanging fruit ones for next year :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Maybe I don’t understand your coloring system but it looks to me like you have a BINGO along the diagonal. What am I missing?

3 Likes

oh my god I do have BINGO and totally missed it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thank you for pointing it out!!

so um @anomalily I accidentally hit my goal and would like a forum badge bahaha

8 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Realized that I hit bingo and registered for sticker and never actually posted it.

Still want to try to close out some/most of the other square by the end of the year, but at least some progress is happening.

5 Likes

Ooh I realised I have two bingos as well! Hooray for awesome sticker, going to register now, is it for 2020 too?

6 Likes

There’s a 2020 sticker, if you didn’t get one and you did a 2020 challenge, let me know on the form and I’ll mail you a 2020 sticker!

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that once I went into the form, I ticked the box :slight_smile: thank you!

So a few weeks ago I was hanging out with a friend and she says, “Look! There’s a snake over there!”
And I said, “Huh? I don’t see it.”
She pointed, I went and looked, and sure enough, it was a snake.
Something similar happened a few days later and she insisted it was past time to get my eyes checked.
So I went, and that completed a Bingo for me.
And I love my new glasses.
And I know I’ll love the sticker.

7 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.33.45 PM

Excessive amount of detail

12 witchy nonfiction books: Goal 75% \ Actual 58.33% - behind
12 books by BIPOC authors: Goal 75% \ Actual 66.66% - behind
6 books by queer authors: Goal 66.66% \ Actual 83.33% - ahead
6 indie published books: Goal 66.66% \ Actual 100% - complete
15 walks/hikes in the park: Goal 80% - Actual 60% - behind
Write 12 letters to elected officials: I think I’ve lost track of this one, unfortunately.
Tarot card and/or Womanrune for each month: Goal 75% \ Actual 75% - on track
Complete 3 embroidery projects: Goal 50% \ Actual 33.33% - behind
Add 3 more stretches: Goal 33.33% \ Actual 100% - complete
Finish 3 knitting WIPs: Goal 50% \ Actual 33.33% - behind
Prepare big boy bed - Goal 100% \ Actual 86.66% - behind but actually it’s basically done

6 Likes

I made a bingo card. Here:https://bingobaker.com/#5d0e4b6a664771c6

We’ll see if I can get even 5 of these done before 12/31/21! *I did! 12/5/21 But it’s not BINGO, alas. :cry: *

I hope I did this right, so it saves it? If not, my goals are:

Catch up biz finances (tracking) Has to happen before I can pay the consigners
Pay consigners (final) First one done. More to do!
Close storage. I have to consolidate the keeps, send books to auction, ✓sell books to the dealer, ✓donate books, before this will happen.
Consolidate “keeps”
Send books to auction
✓Donate books
✓Donate housewares
No boxes in LR
No boxes in Kitchen
✓ 12/3/21Filing cabinet swap This has to happen before I can fill the new cabinet.
New filing cabinet filled
✓Sell book dealer books 10/15
Figure out sewing machine (has to happen before I can make the sheet)
Make new sheet
Start baking bread
Buy balm supplies I bought the calendula I need. I think I have enough of everything else?
Make balm Obviously, I need the supplies first.
Make waxed food wrap (✓Have the supplies/instructions, just need the round tuit.)
Find and/or buy Brodarts
Use Brodarts
Clean office counter. (has to happen before I can make the sheet)
Clean rest of officeI have to clean enough of the office first to get the old filing cabinet out and the new one in. My office was cleaned to the walls earlier this year because we changed some things with the electricity, Then it was kept tidy, for a while. Then it became the place where all the unfinished house project materials are stored. It’s a disaster!
Put clothes away
Cull excess clothes

I edited this because a lot of what’s here are steps I have to take. This has to happen before that goal can be reached sort of things. When I did this, I put the original goal (as it is on the card) in bold.

What’s not here I just realized? Sell the rest of the books… That has to happen as well before I’ll be able to close the storage, have no boxes in the living room, etc.

Also, what’s not here? ✓Empty the old filing cabinet. ✓Old cabinet is out of my office.

Also: return merchandise to the consigners as I find them.

2 Likes
B I N G O
Close one Bank account Read 12 books Get Vaccine 1000 hours outside Crochet blanket for Sofa
Pay off 1 of 5 Student Loans 120 No Spend Days Total Yearly spend under $30k Get haircut and color (maybe purplish) Run a Half-Marathon
Close all unused Credit Card accounts, keep only 1 Complete Productivity Bootcamp program FREE 30 day split challenge Purge 25% of belongings
Put up Curtains in Living Room Pay 2 of 5 Student Loans Hike 1 of the “4K footers” Take 4 classes and get B or better Sell/Get rid of Dining Room set
Take Puglet on a full day bike ride on a Bike Trail Complete BoHo beautiful transform program Sell/Get rid of Bedroom set Make Bagels from Sratch Donate Blood

A few things just aren’t going to happen, but if I can crochet a blanket I’ll get BINGO from bottom left to top right, or I can close a bank account and close a credit card to get the left column.

3 Likes