2020 BINGO -- A choose-your-own-goals challenge

I’m in! A lot of my goals are related to my back pain/injuries, and regaining abilities I have lost. Also goals with stars around them are “stretch goals” that I will be over the moon about achieving. This was a really helpful exercise as every year previously I have found myself setting huge goals that usually end up with me being injured and sad. This is the first year I have really sat myself down and been real with myself about my abilities and what could be possible in the short time frame of one year. Also my previous goals have almost all been 100% surrounding physical abilities and athletic accomplishments. It was really healthy for me to identify goals I could accomplish outside of that realm of my life.

6 Likes

That’s exactly my problem as well. Which is why I won’t be setting any large goals for myself next year. I need to adopt your philosophy about this.

I like your goals!! And I laughed that you put a question mark by “Go on a date.”

7 Likes

Haha! Do I want to? I don’t know…should I? Maybe? I feel like I don’t even remember how to be in a relationship, even though it’s only been 2 years since my last one ended. I definitely don’t remember how to date, not that I was ever good at it…but maybe I should try? I don’t know. Haha

4 Likes

Better you than me! :wink: I’ll live vicariously through you. Dating will not be on my 2020 goal list.

4 Likes

All right, going to give this a try:

I only put budget stuff in one, although house stuff crept into two. And for the record, I stole someone upthread’s idea about naming the columns. I think mine probably have different names, but thank you for that (I’m having issues finding it which makes calling it out by name a little tricky).

11 Likes

I love your category names!

1 Like

I love the category names!

1 Like

I am so in for this! I don’t know why my brain is so delighted by this but it is so I’m rolling with it.

2 Likes

And thank you for the naming idea, I like yours too (finally found it–not sure why I couldn’t last night) :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m in! I love games and crossing things off. Working on my BINGO card and will post when ready.

2 Likes
B I N G O
Purge 75% of belongings 120 No Spend Days Crochet blanket for Puglet Keep monthly average Dining out to $100 Open 529 Plan for Puglet
Max 401k $19500 Set up Auto Deposit for Sinking Funds Hike 1 of the “4K footers” Emergency Savings = $2000 Run a Half-Marathon
Meditate Every day for a month No Amazon Orders all year! FREE Negotiate more vacation days Reduce Garbage Waste to 10 trash bag a year
Donate Blood Pay off 1 of 7 Student Loans in full Use Ice Cream Maker Max Roth $6500 Hold 5 min Plank
Hold Crow Pose for 1 min Buy Used Jogging Stroller Take Puglet for a bike ride on Minuteman Bike Trail Read 12 books Total Yearly spend under $30k

Here’s what I got, may make some edits prior to Jan 1st but really like what I have so maybe not. I took some ideas from others. I kind of wish I had more spaces. Maybe I’ll fill in the FREE space with something?

8 Likes

I made my bingo card! There are very few big goals to accomplish and a lot more trying to add fun and balance into my life. I randomized the squares because that pleased my brain.

8 Likes

Hooray!

You have excellent print

1 Like

Thank you! I feel like my writing is very chicken-scratchy but I’m trying to take a compliment. Does this count?

3 Likes

I really like your bingo card! So lovely and simple. I tried writing one and my squares wound up being overly wordy and complicated. (Story of my life?)

3 Likes

Mr Pug and I are creating a household BINGO card for ourselves. I already thought To Do lists were fun, this is like next level!

4 Likes

A To-Do MATRIX! Will there be “prizes”?

2 Likes

Ooooohhhh prizes! :exploding_head: this just keeps getting better :star_struck:

and also my first thought when I read prizes was ice cream :crazy_face: which will be real easy when I cross of the “Use Ice Cream Maker” box

4 Likes

That is a natural consequence of hitting the goal! Win-win!

1 Like

ANNOUNCEMENT

There is a rewards spreadsheet posted here. I will shortly link this in the first post as well.

If you would like to offer a BINGO reward, please let me know. You can begin and end and resume and end again offering a reward at any time you want, just keep me in the loop so someone doesn’t request a reward that then can’t be fulfilled.

7 Likes