2020 BINGO Will run through all of 2020.
The theme of 2020 BINGO is to fill out a bingo card filled with goals you write yourself.
When a row, column, or diagonal is completed, “shout” (type expressively) BINGO and a challenge mod or prize distributor for the month will give you your prize.
There is a rewards spreadsheet posted here. BINGO row completers will also get a forum badge!
Making Your Card
Keep in mind a standard bingo card:
Which typically has 25 spaces, with one of those being a free space.
Create a BINGO card with up to 24 goals. Or 25, because some people like to live life on the edge without a free space, or like square numbers… You do you. I’m not the boss of you.
You can do this in whatever way best suits you! On a sheet of paper with stickers for completed tasks, in your bullet journal, in a spreadsheet (which is then easily copied and pasted to the forums, and can be “stamped” with emojis for accomplished goals), in a digital image where you draw something fun over a completed space, whatever you prefer!
Some options to think about for your card:
- If you have less than 24 goals, you can have the extras as extra free spaces, duplicates of tasks, or blanks to be filled in later. Please try not to put more than one free space in a row, column or diagonal unless necessary.
- There are tools online where you can fill in a bingo card and have it randomize for you. I’ve been looking at this one, which allows you to randomize just column-by-column if you want. So you can have a column be a category of goals.
- A goal might be to do something a certain number of times. Maybe you just put a sticker on when they are all done, or put a smaller sticker each time you do it! YOU ARE THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN DOMAIN.
- One card per person.
- Goals must be completed after January 1st 2020, before January 1st 2021, and after you set the goal.
- You can change your goals as much as you want before 2020 starts.
- You may replace any number goals that haven’t yet been completed with other goals ONCE.
- If something happens outside of your control that makes it impossible to complete a goal, change it. No hard feelings. Just don’t run a marathon with a broken foot because of this challenge, okay?
- You can join at any time during the year.
- When you have finished a row/column/diagonal and are ready to claim your prize for that, make a post that clearly says “BINGO” in the text.
- Constructive discussion about how to accomplish goals is welcome, but please respect it if someone says a goal is not up for critique on its difficulty or usefulness. Keep in mind the shame-free zone.
- The only hard rule for what your goals should be is that it shouldn’t hurt others. Do as you will if it harm none.
- Goals don’t all have to be huge. Be kind to yourself. Have fun. Put “pick my nose” and “pet the cat” in there with “birth a baby” and “buy a house” if you want.
- You should have a clear idea of what constitutes goal completion. Is “do taxes early” getting them submitted the first week you can file, or just not on the very last day? Are you done when they are accepted or when you leave the tax office? I encourage you to detail this out here if the acceptance criteria isn’t obvious, but it isn’t required.