2020 BINGO -- A choose-your-own-goals challenge

Omg, BJ baby portrait! swoon

5 Likes

:wink:

PS if anyone has FUN idea suggestions let me know. My overarching goal for 2019 was MORE FUN and I kinda shit the bed on it.
MOAR FUN 2020 is also a thing that needs to happen.

7 Likes

Fun thing: Meet a forumer? Especially if it’s me :crazy_face:

9 Likes

I like the way you think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I can’t remember if you’ve done it yet or not, but didn’t you want to make a ginger bug? That could be a thing!

2 Likes

If you haven’t been to where I live, you could accomplish going somewhere new and add petting Pancake to your card :wink: I mean, you could pet all the kittens and give Bast a treat, but Pancake is basically a cloud and petting her is quite the experience.

ETA: Also does climbing a sand dune sound like fun? Cause there are several of varying heights/difficulty around here. It takes some effort to get to the top but the views are awesome.

4 Likes

I do think it’s good for me to articulate for all of these what that “done” point looks like – something something accountability.

Omg. SMART goals. I’m not usually a particularly rebellious person, but this last year has just been like NO. NONONONONO re: this type of goal setting.

@Oro Clearly you should go on a tour of the US and Canada visiting forumers. :wink: Less expensively, though, maybe something like watching the sun rise over a beautiful body of water? Camping? Rewatch a beloved TV show/reread a beloved book (LotR marathon?)? Go on a hike while wearing something silly (maybe you too need a giraffe onesie)? Dress up for Pride? Buy yourself flowers? Tinker on a bike? (ETA: If you need more inspiration, I find looking at 101 in 1001 lists to be very helpful!)

7 Likes

I am available to help with: rock climbing (inside or outside), hiking, camping, bike adventures, coffee, baking, eating. :grinning:

Two of my food goals: get a chocolate cake shake from Portillos and go get bubble tea somewhere. (I keep meaning to do both of these things, yet have done neither.)

Hmmmm, maybe I should make a bingo card, but I feel like most of my goals will be super silly. I don’t do well with making major goals. Something always goes wrong or I wind up hurting myself.

3 Likes

There’s a place that does bubble tea down the street from me.
Just saying.
:wink:

1 Like

DEAL! Just promise to walk me through my first bubble tea experience, because I have no idea what to get. And am reasonably certain I know what place you are talking about!

3 Likes

Goals! I may already have broken one of the rules because I put find a dentist but then realised it was silly to wait until January so I did that already. I should probably go to the dentist next year though so that counts :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

I told Ponder about this and we’re going to make one for our family filled with fun things to do next year, so I may have to think up new goals to fill my “holiday” boxes.

6 Likes

What a great idea!

2 Likes

Ok here we go. Not going for a blackout here, just a bingo.

7 Likes

I’m in!

9 Likes

First draft:

9 Likes

Second draft:

B I N G O
Replace ancient carpet Take an art class Camp in 3 state parks Visit Wildlife center Do a volunteer trail day
Lead a hike Make a 2021 calendar from photos Go XC skiing Mail birthday cards to 3 relatives Meditate every day for a month
Host a gathering at my house Eat & empty chest freezer FREE Spend <$250 on groceries in a month Take yoga anatomy course
Take an art class Volunteer at a shelter event Submit pic of Lil Bug to cat calendar contest Lead a mountain bike ride Try a new recipe
Travel to East Coast Make mozzarella from scratch Attend a concert Install solar panels if practical Go on a date
9 Likes

I need to know about dog mountain. Are there dogs?

1 Like

I LOVE ALL OF THESE BINGO BOARDS YOU GUYS ARE GONNA KICK 2020’S BUTT!

4 Likes

It’s one of the most popular hikes in the region, and many many people bring their dogs. 7 miles, 2,800 feet, and I’ve been too intimidated to hike it so far. I think I’ve now built up my conditioning enough to give it a shot.

4 Likes