100% Positive Things Safe Space

A golden labradoodle puppy discovered a hole in our fence and came for a bit of a happy romp before our backyard neighbor came around with a collar and leash to bring him home.

I have given our neighbors the last bit of replacement trellis to affix to their side of the fence.

21 Likes

I would never fix my fence :joy::heart:

17 Likes

The puppy couldnā€™t figure out how to get back, it was pretty much a one-way route. And our place is not dog or child or cat friendly.

6 Likes

Sitting on the porch with a glass of red wine ( ok a plastic miniature Halloween cup because Iā€™m classy like that), watching the storm roll in and the lightning bugs dance.

13 Likes

Update: as the rain picks up, some of the lightning bugs have decided that under the porch roof is a fine dancing area.

9 Likes

A member of my team at work is celebrating her 50thā€¦so we had a virtual party.

I may remove later for anonymity etc.

21 Likes

This is very cute :slight_smile:

Drinking wine, chilling with my partner, and brownies baking in the oven. Not a bad end to the day.

14 Likes

100% Positive things in my life today:

B and Bobbin are developing the most wonderful friendship. I had a little cry today when I realized that (this is gonna sound dumb but hang with me) he will be her first pup. He will be the dog that ruins all other dogs for her. Heā€™s her best friend and sidekick and they just love each other so much. He stands guard (or curls up in a ball) at her closed door every time she goes down for a nap and he is the first thing she looks for when her door opens. He watches over her while she plays and I can just tell thereā€™s a special bond there. I canā€™t stand how cute it is. Also donā€™t get me started on her kissing him, its too much.

Speaking of kissing, Bobbin kisses now. She wraps her little arms around my neck and pulls me in for a hug and kiss. Best thing ever. Second best thing is when Iā€™m working and hear an exaggerated kissing sound to look up and see her looking at me with her tiny puckered lips. She canā€™t say the words ā€˜I love youā€™ yet, but sheā€™s definitely communicating it.

18 Likes

As a childhood development nerd, having a baby of my VERY OWN is simply delightful. She has started making sounds on both the inhale and exhale and swapping rapidly between the two. Itā€™s hilarious, slightly alarming when youā€™re not expecting it, and totally fascinating.

16 Likes

I have amazing fresh hot cross buns from an amazing bakery and a hot chocolate with frothy milk that Ponder made for me. Duckling is playing by himself while I drink and eat.

13 Likes

This morning it was cool and misty out and we had the windows open. Someone in our neighborhood must have been burning wood or charcoal, because we could smell it faintly. Since itā€™s truly spring now and all the plants are sprouting and leafing, there was a green smell in the air, too. All together it smelled like calm and peace and happy family time, because damp + green + wood smoke is the smell of coming out of the tent in the early morning while on a camping trip.

9 Likes

Homemade bacon. I wish everyone knew how easy it was to make

5 Likes

The low roar of wind through the treetops is back again. This is the moment when I really know winter is over every year.

7 Likes

Wind season = best season

1 Like

Agree, but the sound is because the trees have leafed out - winter wind doesnā€™t make the noise at all. In summer, you can hear the wind climbing the mountain.

8 Likes

This is probably what I miss the very most about living on the east coast. I literally have a tattoo of fireflies; I miss them so much.

5 Likes

uuuuuugh yā€™all so much good ish this morning

Iā€™m having that cute-aggression reaction, like you know how when you joke about gobbling up cute babies? Yeah, that, but me making incoherent noises at my computer instead.

9 Likes

Iā€™m making browned butter chocolate chip cookies today!

10 Likes

Itā€™s sunny here this morning!

3 Likes