100% Positive Things Safe Space

This thread is for 100% positive things only. Come here when you need to recharge your batteries and avoid the :gestures wildly at everything:

Please nothing related to coronavirus or to US politics in this thread, even if it would be considered positive news.

17 Likes

I discovered yesterday that our cat snores. It’s adorable.

13 Likes

A couple of my rabbits snort like pigs.

6 Likes

I really, really hope you can get video of this some time.

3 Likes

I did last year!

11 Likes

oh my gaaaaaawd

3 Likes

I called my Dad today to wish him a happy birthday. He did not answer the phone. Reason? He was on the phone with his college friend. My Dad left college in the early 1970’s. Apparently their birthdays are one day apart, and they always call each other on their birthdays. I just think it’s cool that two guys pushing 70 years old have sustained a 50 year (long distance) friendship by remembering to call one another one day apart on their birthdays.

26 Likes

It seems very on brand for this to start out as a thread about animals.

I’ve mentioned this before but a super positive thing in my life is that my cat Muffin figured out what pillows are for:

She sleeps between my pillow and my husband’s, and we have to leave a gap for her.

In non-cat news, last year I planted some bulbs (daffodils, tulips, etc.) and they’re starting to come up! I was worried the critters would steal the bulbs but apparently they didn’t.

11 Likes

My old cat used to do that too! I don’t think I have any photos anymore :frowning: but it was amazing.

2 Likes

I am getting even better at baking. I made a cake!

12 Likes

my best friend from high school sent me stickers and sushi socks for my birthday.

20 Likes

My neighbor kids are building their own mini golf course. It is 100% adorable. Maybe even 500%.

11 Likes

Pics of sushi socks?

3 Likes

see above :slight_smile:
I post on my laptop and then edit to put on photos from my phone.

3 Likes

SO CUTE

3 Likes

The neighbor’s (1st floor) cat chased me down (3rd floor) multiple times yesterday for pets on between my unit and the laundry unit.

I made a friend, folks.

12 Likes

I am being violently squished with love by an enormous baby

15 Likes

ah so cuuuute

1 Like

Ugh baby and kitty squishies, so good

1 Like

I tried a new thing and made a delicious hazelnut and almond dacqouise cake this weekend with ganache and espresso buttercream.

ETA: photo uploaded sideways. Turn head for delicious viewing.

20 Likes