100% Positive Things Safe Space

Drinking my favorite .old-fashioned grape soda from a little local bottling company near where I grew up. It tastes like sunshine and memories, and for a little while it’s like the summer of '76 all over again.

11 Likes

Happy little lettuce seedlings.

13 Likes

Neighbor-friend-cat chased me home. I was very sad to not let her in.

8 Likes

My pets are friends and I love it.

23 Likes

They’re adorable!

1 Like

I love how well they get along :heart: Did they ever have any spats at all, or was it love at first sight?

2 Likes

We played in our front yard for an hour and ate lunch out there. It was a perfect temperature and really nice to sit in a part of the garden I don’t usually spend time in.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Birdsong and distant roosters. And overwhelming pollen, but that’s a feature, not a bug, right? Right? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

No spats. They do play rough though.
We did a super slow introduction. Like they weren’t loose in the house together until like a month/six weeks in. Bird had just had surgery and I wanted things to be calm.
But B was guarding the cat the day I brought kitty home just from outside the bedroom door or the kitty crate.
B is a guarder/protector/comforter by nature.

9 Likes

Spring is underway here and I can hear all kinds of birds having a glorious time outside. We live close enough to a large creek that I can occasionally see a bald eagle from my window.

13 Likes

Birdsong is probably my favorite part of spring. Not the prettiest but weirdly my favorite might be all the strange calls grackles make

3 Likes

Grackles are such fun birds.

1 Like

It’s going to be 65 here today, and I have windows open. Princess cat is so happy!

5 Likes

Artemis LOVES when windows are open

9 Likes

My husband just declared, “I’m going to go find something to do,” picked up his axe , and strode off into the woods. :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Several happy things. Baby. Sunshine. Silly sun hat. Happy tummy time. Mason bees all sealed into their lil tubes. Minimal traffic allowing me to keep the apartment open all day.

18 Likes

I discovered the Radiooooo app and I have to say I love it so far.

You can plan little “trips” via geography & era and listen to the corresponding music. You can also choose slow/fast/weird within your trip to adjust it to your mood.

It’s probably not that different than just finding corresponding playlists on some other music app, but something about it I really love.

14 Likes

My former partner just sent me a link to something like that a couple days ago! It’s pretty neat!

2 Likes

My seed potatoes and my last minute order of kale seeds (before they became so swamped that they temporarily stopped accepting orders) are both on the way :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes