YouTube Finds

I just want to say that I think there is something thrilling and radical about women who talk about their struggles while putting on a full face of makeup. They’re engaging in art while shouting out the fucked up ways they’re treated in the world and I think that’s beautiful.

3 Likes

Why is Rajiv so cute

ETA: anyone else think he’s got a sort of Mr. Rogers vibe/demeanor?

7 Likes

Oh no I’m really crying now, he makes his bed while he recites an Emily Dickinson poem from memory

3 Likes

Because he’s from the GTA :slight_smile:

3 Likes

haha i just always see him as a hot mathlete :joy:

he is adorable and also maybe a little insufferable? but i still kinda like it?

3 Likes

For some reason he skips past insufferable and goes straight to endearing for me!! And yes I love that in a past life he was Kevin lol

3 Likes

hahah there was only one video that pushed me over the edge – the one where he shows people how to wrap presents / talks about how evil wrapping paper is :joy:

3 Likes

and then ruins a poster!

2 Likes

Ahhhh hahaha I haven’t watched that one yet. I avoid wrapping presents, my family saves any and all giftbags and we reuse them year to year lol :joy:

3 Likes

New YouTube rabbit holes-
PBS other words
PBS subcultured
PBS storied (myths and legends)

3 Likes

I enjoy channels that recreate historical recipes using historical cooking methods. This one is relaxing.

3 Likes

Oh yeahhhhh how cool is that! Sohla did a few like this, I will find them.

Today I’m watching this woman clean and swap out her summer decor for fallish stuff. Getting me in the mood to do the same, even though I have a much tinier living space and less storage for seasonal items. But I do want to get out my pumpkin spoon rest and bone collection :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

@allhat found it! The series is called ancient recipes. Sohla is my fave.

4 Likes

Sohla is awesome! I also just found out that the union at Condé Nast went through and was formally recognized today. Christina Chaey on Instagram: "After 7 years, Friday was my last day @bonappetitmag. It was also, poetically, the day our @condeunited union was formally recognized, setting the stage for what I’m positive will be a groundbreaking contract that will transform the working conditions for future generations of Condé workers. After a stretch of hard years at BA, I couldn’t have asked for a better way to say goodbye. I’ll be taking some time off to reset my compass and, more importantly, just CHILL, but I’ll be back soon with exciting new projects, including the resurrection of #gentlefoods (just in time for donabe season 🍲) This also means, yes, I’m freelance now (gulp)! If you want to work together to dream up recipes, stories, video projects, or cool brand partnerships, let’s chat." Another (now former) bon appetit employee is where I found out.

5 Likes

That’s awesome, but wow that took SO LONG. Sohla really got the rotten end of the BA stick :angry: My favorite post-BA venture of hers so far has been the NYT cooking YouTube show she does with her husband, Mystery Menu. They are such a delightful pair. They’re so genuine, supportive, and loving with each other.

5 Likes

Cool, thank you! I saw an ad for this show ages ago and then completely forgot about it!

3 Likes

Obsessed with this kitchen. It’s not exactly my style but it’s also timeless in a way? Even though it has an eclectic vibe with the tile and green cabinetry.

Lately I’ve been watching a lot of videos about using color theory in the home.

5 Likes

I just stumbled on this guy’s channel and it’s super interesting!

He interviews different people on their opinions of living in Japan. Like: foreigners raised in japan, being black in japan, japanese people raised abroad, what elders think of foreigners, being gay in japan, etc.

5 Likes

Oh I’ve watched a few of these! They’re really interesting

1 Like