Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Yesssss thank you!!!

1 Like

As for accessible- it does have a hole in the back, but they sell covers for that. Or, we bought a cheap banister child proofing netting to put around ours and zip tied it on haha. (And tucked it under the platform). Ours is open on all sides though so we needed more.

1 Like

The covers come with the one you linked! I got 15% off by signing up for their list too. This has been on my to do list for weeks, thank you!

1 Like

Yay! So glad I could help.

Any suggestions for unicorn themed bath bombs that don’t have a stupid toy inside? <$20 I want a bath bomb partly to not add more cheap plastic stuff to my house but I need a reward for my kid for completing a thing and he said he wanted it to be a unicorn thing. I considered looking on Etsy but if I do that this morning I’ll just get overwhelmed with analysis paralysis, feel free to just link me a thing and say “Buy this one”. Bonus points for not Amazon but if I haven’t found something by tomorrow I’ll probably pick something from Amazon just to get it done.

3 Likes

Maybe this? The horn is wax, not plastic.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/866027284/unicorn-bath-bomb-and-bubble-bar-solid

1 Like

What kind of bikes? How often will you be using them?

The Saris Bones 2- or 3-bike is a decently-priced, very well-made classic that I recommend to pretty much everyone unless they have weird edge cases (dual suspension mountain bikes, tiny frame kids bikes). About $70-80 on ebay.

1 Like

Just a commuter bike I got off Facebook. It baaaarely fits in my trunk, and I’d like to be able to drive it to bike trails, and maybe on vacation. Right now I can’t get it in the car without help.

I will look those up! Thanks

1 Like

Just buy a pink bath bomb and wrap it in unicorn themed paper?

3 Likes

You can get bath bombs at most dollar stores. Wrap them in sparkle tissue paper, and if you can stand it, put some sparkle dust inside the paper.

1 Like

Shopping for a toilet online sucks. I’m not sure what review sites to trust, and recommended toilets are often discontinued. We have one bathroom and a toilet that barely works even though we replaced many parts many times. I am hoping to get a one piece toilet, comfort height. Bonus points for smooth sides (easy to clean) and elongated seat. Current toilet length is 28 inches from the wall; longer would not be better because we have the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Extra bonus points for dual flush, although having to flush two to three times to get pee to go down (current situation) I should not let perfect be the enemy of much better. (Husband is a hard no on bidet. He is convinced that someone else’s bacteria will spray on him, and there is no convincing him otherwise).

3 Likes

Toto Acquia? Dual flush, smooth skirt, relatively compact though I’m not sure about exact length or comfort height. A plumber recommended it and it’s been going strong for us since 2013.

2 Likes

Toto

we got the shorter one because we don’t have much space between the wall and the bath. We are replacing one part after 8 years, but that is just because I am paranoid, not because we have lost any functionality.

2 Likes

We have a Toto and love it also. It’s actually not a dual flush, but all the flushes are less than most dual flushes. (googling tells me this is their tornado flush system) and one flush really does do it 99% of the time. I think we have the Drake II which is pretty affordable compared to some of the others, but if I had to do it over, I’d consider spending a bit more for the skirted. That said, it’s easy to clean in every way so I’m not sure if I would.

2 Likes

What is the least expensive thing I can use to remove snow from my solar panels without hurting the solar panels?

We are not concerned about the weight of snow on the roof, but about the snow blocking the sun…
It is a 1 story roof.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the off grid people on Youtube use long handled push brooms, or a long handled snow pusher-thing (not a shovel, but the more flat push-thing that I don’t know the name of haha)

1 Like

Yeah- those on amazon seem to run $100-$150, so I’m wondering if that’s really the lowest cost…

I guess it might depend on if you already have an extension pole for painting stuff, but this could work great, and I’d assume even if you needed to buy an extension pole, it’d still be less than $100. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WIVXPE/ref=emc_b_5_t?th=1

But I don’t have any experience, that’s just what I’ve seen suggested.

1 Like

high quality, sustainable, ethical basics pls! Just mentioning brands to buy second hand if need be is cool too. I tend to always default to second hand anyway cuz I am cheap.

:cat: signal @Elle @anomalily

4 Likes

For merino wool, my preference when getting second hand because of labor supply chain:

Icebreaker, Banana Republic, Smartwool, Madewell, Pendleton (if you can find it), Athleta

Mildly ethical for basics in good quality fabrics (wait til sales way overprice otherwise):
Cos can find second hand

Brands I try to get for vintage-esque high quality basics:

My amazing travel button up that I love but only because I got it second hand because it is ridiculously priced and they have no statements on labor:

Aday - sustainable fabrics

4 Likes