Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Have you tried the new balance minimus? The shape looks really similar to what you linked, and I find it to have a bit more surround than some of the true minimalist shoes. It is considered a minimalist shoe though so may not be padded enough for you?

2 Likes

Are there aftermarket bowls that fit kitchen aid mixers?

My husband broke his 6 quart bowl. The freaking $70+ bowl kitchen aid sells now is slightly different, and the mixer-thingy doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Therefore, it is not as good as the old bowl.

1 Like

I’ve been using Altra Lone Peaks recently and liking them a lot. How much padding is enough padding for you? The Altras have more than e.g. a Vibram FiveFinger, but less than a “standard” running shoe.

1 Like

I like my altras but they’re such tall soles and such a strange shape- really rolls you through the toe. I’d think they’d be way too structured and angled by comparison.

1 Like

I have a pair of the new balance minimus and I love them. For a few years I had access to a gym with a running track and I wore those exclusively to work out. I need a tad more cushioning for the uneven concrete that I’m running on now (mostly running on the street due to lack of sidewalks, up and down hills).

Anybody tried the Merrill glove shoes?

2 Likes

I love my merril gloves, but they’re less structured than the minimus :slight_smile: at least the years I’ve used. ADORE their trail model though with the lugs.

1 Like

Darn.

I’m looking online now that you’ve reminded me about the new balance minimus. Maybe I’ll try one of their more padded versions in the minimus line. The one I have is 6 or 7 years old and is their most minimally padded, trail running version.

Will report back :slight_smile:

4 Likes

eBay?

But also I think it’s possible to adjust something so the paddle fits a little differently?

I am astonished to say that the grinder attachment from my mom’s 1960’s KA still fits on works on the current models and is nicer than the ones currently sold.

1 Like

I don’t think my beaters touch the bottom. Can look when I get home.

They did with the old bowl…which was shaped differently than the new one.

Sadly when he realized he wouldn’t be able to weld the piece that broke back on, he threw it away, so he doesn’t even have the option to try to drill/screw it together some way. He’s deeply unhappy with the new bowl. We (hah…he) use our kitchen aid multiple times a day, so this is traumatic.

He’s tried every available adjustment, and it won’t go low enough for the beaters to go to the bottom anymore.

2 Likes

The worst part is we can’t even defect from kitchen aid because meat grinder, pasta roller, pasta extruder, etc… So many pricey accessories we have and use regularly.

3 Likes

Would the paddle with added silicone work better?

1 Like

I should ask him if he’s tried that. We have like 8 mixer shaped things.

1 Like

I want a good headband sleeping/meditation/delicate ears headphones thing for a small head. I saw a probably targeted ad once to one that looked amazing, and had reviews and now I can’t find that one. Maybe it was a Kickstarter?

Any ideas? I listen to meditation and audiobooks on walks and in bed, and I suspect that it’s obnoxious that I use my giant speaker

1 Like

I’ve seen a ton of these come up on my Amazon deals group, if I’m understanding right. Like this?
Limited-time deal: Sleep Headphones Bluetooth Sleeping Headband - V 5.0 Sleeping Headphones Music Headband, Ultra-Soft Headphone Headband for Side Sleepers, Sleeping Gifts for Men Women Valentines Day Gifts for Him Her https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852W5RR2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dlT1_R6MTTMJCF8EXR9SZ3YDW

Obviously US amazon, but maybe that’ll get you the correct buzz words? I’ve seen both children and adult sizing.

1 Like

When I search, I get this cheap looking one/others that are obviously the same manufacturer… There was a legitimately good looking one advertised to me somewhere… maybe a yoga site? That had more believable pictures and copy. I might buy this one…but I’m hoping someone sees the better one for me. Maybe I’ll play on yoga sites tomorrow

2 Likes

Eta thank you, sorry I was raised in a barn

3 Likes

I’m looking for a learning tower, one of those things you pull up to the counter for toddlers to cook with you. I want it to have an adjustable height, not be accessible independently, and bonus points if it folds. Anyone have a suggestion?

2 Likes

What year was it made and what model? Ebay is good for replacement parts like that. I just replaced my air fryer bowl this way and it was great.

1 Like

The gold standard:

It’s not the one we have, because they were sold out and we ended up with one for free (:scream:) through buy nothing. But it’s what I was going to buy!

1 Like